25

Sophie wasn't talking to her dad which made things awkward at home. She hated how Max had ruined the perfect family she finally had. And she hated it.

She woke that morning and walked downstairs. She saw Evie sitting on the stairs. "Mummy and daddy are shouting gain. And me no ike it," she said.

Sophie sat down next to her. She sighed. "It'll be okay. You always have me munchkin."

"Yay... I loves you."

"I love you too. Now why don't you go upstairs and play while I get mummy and daddy to stop arguing?"

Evie nodded and toddled off to play. Sophie sighed as she walked into the living room. Sophie glared as she saw Max shouting at Madison. "Dad!" She yelled.

Max turned to look at her. He rolled his eyes. "Stay out of this. Go and look after Evie," he said.

Sophie scoffed. "She's upstairs. Because you shouting at her mummy is upsetting her! How about you be a man and admit that you're scum!" She yelled.

Madison saw the look on Max's face. She stood up. "Leave her alone. She's telling it like it is. You're the one who's acting like a god. When you're not."

"No. I'm the man of this house!"

Sophie walked out the room. It was taking so much inside of her to not call out Max for cheating.

***

Sophie went into school with Madison. She saw Tom. She remembered how it was him who had dropped her in it about filming him and Kim. And she hated it.

Tom walked over to her. He looked at her. "Are you still mad?" He asked.

Sophie nodded. "Yes. Because if you hadn't have caught me, then I could have told Madison that he was cheating. And now he's just being a complete jerk," she said.

Tom sighed. "Have you ever thought that if Madison finds out, she'll leave? And she won't take you?"

Sophie rolled he eyes. "Madison has adopted me actually. So yes she would take me with her. She wouldn't leave me with him," she said.

Tom said nothing as she walked off. He knew he had messed it up. But he was worried about what damage she would cause with Max.

***

Sophie was sitting in her class. She saw her dad walking past with Kim. She didn't even want to know anymore. Her dad was driving her insane.

Tom sat down next to her. "You need to focus on finishing school. And then you'll be away from him. Okay?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I care about you. Okay? You're a good person and you don't deserve how your father treats you. And you know that."

"You don't even care. You're pretending you do. Because you're a teacher. And you have to make sure that I'm doing okay so you can say you're doing your job," Sophie said.

Tom sighed. "That's partly the truth. But I do care about you. You're a clever person and you could be at uni within a couple years."

Sophie saw the look in Tom's eyes. She was worried about how everything was going to work out. But could she survive everything that was going on with her dad? Or would she go back down the dark path?