27

Sophie was sitting in her bedroom with Evie. The doorbell was constantly ringing. The door opened and Madison walked in. She smiled. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Sophie nodded and sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break you and my dad up," she mumbled.

Madison sighed. "You didn't break us up darling. He did. By sleeping with that bitch. You just told me the truth. Something he wasn't brave enough to do," she said

Sophie wiped away a tear. "You must hate me."

"I never could hate you. You're my daughter. I didn't give birth to you. But you're mine. Nothing will ever change that. Okay?"

"Okay. I really am sorry though," Sophie mumbled.

Madison grinned and held her close. "Stop saying sorry. You don't need to apologise. Okay?"

"Okay."

***
Sophie went into school with Madison. Max stormed over. "Why are you not answering my calls?" He asked.

Madison scoffed. "And why would I do that? Do I look like an idiot to take you back? Leave me alone. And leave my girls alone. We're done Max. Go and have a nice life with Kim! Soph, go inside babes."

Max glared. "You're really going to let that little demon ruin what we have?"

"We have nothing. Leave my daughter alone."

***
Sophie was sitting in the common room. She looked up as Tom walked in. He sighed. "You've done it now haven't you? Your dad is fuming."

Sophie shrugged. "Why should I feel bad? I don't. He can literally get stuffed. Madison doesn't hate me. She said I did what my father didn't. Tell the truth. He's a jerk and he got what he deserved it," she told him.

Tom sighed. "But she also made your dad a better person. And you know that."

"And she deserves better. You're meant to be on my side. Yet here you are defending that jerk! I hate him and I'm starting to not like you," Sophie said as she picked up her stuff and walked off.

Tom sighed. He knew he had messed up. But he couldn't tell Sophie the truth. About how Max had been blackmailing Tom to help him or else he would fire him for his relationship with Sophie.

***
Sophie was in class when Max barged in. "Outside. Now."

Sophie rolled her eyes. She looked at him. "No. Go and rot in hell."

Max glared. "Sophie. I'm not kidding. Outside now!"

Sophie scoffed and grabbed her stuff. She followed her father outside. Max grabbed her arm. He glared. "You've ruined everything. You know that right?" He spat.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Good. I'm glad I did. I just can't be bothered with you anymore. I'm done with it. I'm done covering for you. Madison needs better. Evie needs better. I need better. And we all know they. So just do us all a favour and get lost!" She yelled.

***
Sophie walked outside. She saw Tom there and walked over to him. "Tell my father to leave me alone. I'm done with him. He is dead to me until he can sort himself out," she said.

Tom turned to her. He sighed. "He's gone Sophie. He left. He called the LEA and said he was done here," he told her.

Sophie frowned. But had Max gone for good? Or would he back soon? Would he even come back?