31

Sophie knew how things had changed. Her dad didn't want her. She knew that now. She felt as though she couldn't stay there.

She felt like things were hard. Madison was as good as her mother. But she needed to speak to her birth mum. To find out why she had hurt her. To find out why Max had left.

Sophie felt as though there was a reason her dad left her. A reason she didn't know. And she was worried.

She was worried that he never wanted her. That only he wanted her when she had been born. And things were just hard.

Sophie needed answers. She could barely remember anything from her childhood. And it was destroying her not knowing.

All she knew was that her life was falling apart. And she was scared she wouldn't be able to cope with it all.

She was sitting in the hotel room she had paid for with Max's credit card. She knew he would be able to find her. But she didn't care.

Sophie Tyler needed answers. And she was going to get them. One way or another.

***
Max was sitting on the sofa. He had been staying with Madison while they were trying to find Sophie.

He looked up as madison walked into the room. "Sleep okay?" She asked.

Max sighed. "I'd sleep better if you actually let me sleep in bed."

"You're not here for that. You're here so that we can find our daughter. And bring her home," Madison told him.

Max smiled. "Our daughter?"

"Huh?"

"You said find our daughter."

Madison nodded. "Yes. Because she is. She is our daughter. And we know she's in London. So why are we sitting here while Evie is with your parents. You're in your boxers. When we could be driving to London to find my little girl and bring her home?" She said.

Max stood up. He walked over to her. "I'll go shower. And then we can find her."

"Nope. Shower tonight. Sophie is more important than you getting wet," Madison said as she looked to him.

Max rolled his eyes. He walked over and kissed her lips. "I'm going to marry you."

"No you're not. We're not together. And if we don't bring our girl home, then we aren't ever going to he together again."

***
Sophie was walking the streets of London. She needed to find her mum. She wasn't giving up until she got the answers she wanted.

She came to the old block of flats she used to live in. And sighed. She opened the door and walked up to the floor. She knocked the door and waited.

After a few moments, she came face to face with her mother. "Oh look who's come running back. My little Sophie. Always knew you'd come back to mummy," she said.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "I want to know why my dad left. Because he's always doing it. And I want to know why," she said.

Her mum rolled her eyes. "Oh. Wanting answers about daddy as always. Doesn't surprise me. Always were a daddy's girl. You were the only thing he cared about. He didn't want me. Only you. Fine. I'll tell you the truth about your daddy," she said.

But was Sophie ready for the answers she was about to get?