1

Sophie sighed as she stood from the cab which had pulled outside of her father's house, her father which she hadn't seen in six years. She hadn't seen him since he walked out on her one night. Sophie was still hurt. She ever even got to say goodbye to him. He just got up and left one night. Sophie sighed and grabbed her suitcase. She walked to the door and froze for a moment and knocked. She was nervous and picked at her nails as the door opened and a girl who was only a couple of year older answered "can I help you?" She asked "er yeah, I'm sorry I was looking for max Tyler" Sophie said as she frowned to Sophie "he should be back home, who are you?" She asked "I'm Sophie, his daughter and you are?" Sophie asked "I'm Madison, I'm his girlfriend" she said as Sophie looked to her

"oh" she said as she played with a loose strand of hair that had fallen from her ponytail "you didn’t know about me, did you?" Sophie asked as Madison sighed "no I didn’t, are you okay?" Madison asked Sophie who nodded silently. She felt like crying. She just wanted her dad "not really" Sophie said as she played with a locket that max had given her all those years ago. Madison looked to Sophie and smiled, the vulnerable girl I front of her and felt her heart break. She knew something had happened, she could tell and she knew that Sophie was scared and wanted her father more than anything.

***
The door opened and max Tyler walked in with his three-year-old daughter Evie. He paled as he saw Sophie "Sophie?" He said as she smiled slightly "hi dad" she said "who that?" Evie asked Madison "Evie, come here. Let daddy talk to Sophie" "who she?" Evie asked Madison as she looked to Sophie in interest "she's your sister princess, come on" Madison said as she lead Evie to her bedroom. Max walked over to Sophie and smiled.

"what are you doing here?" He asked as she smiled "oh, you know mum got a new boyfriend, she doesn't have time for me in her life" Sophie said as she looked to max with tears in her eyes. She was trying to be so strong and she didn’t know how to do it "soph? What's going on?" Max asked "why did you leave me with her?" Sophie asked as a tear slid down her face. She hated max for leaving her "I never wanted to, trust me, your mum made me" max said "I wish you took me with you" Sophie said as max smiled to her slightly. He placed a hand on her cheek and wiped the tears away from her eyes. He hated seeing her cry "so do I" "no one wants me" Sophie said "that’s not true, I want you here" max said as he pulled Sophie into a hug.

***
Sophie sat in the living room as Evie came in with her doll "hi" Evie said as Sophie smiled to her "you my sister?" Evie asked "I am" Sophie said as Evie climbed up next to Sophie and placed the doll she was holding on her knee "daddy say you go to the school he and mummy work at, the people at my playgroup are meany to me" Evie said "why" Sophie asked as she looked to Evie "cause I don’t like to play the big girl games" Evie said as Sophie pushed evies blonde hair out of her face "people are mean, don’t worry I won't let anyone hurt you" Sophie said as Evie wrapped her small arms around her and hugged Sophie. Sophie smiled slightly hoping that no one would find out her secret or the reason why she left and came to see max.