19

Sophie had been discharged from the hospital. Max went to pick her up. He saw her sitting on the bed. "Let's get you home. Then we can fix our family and make it work."

Sophie rolled her eyes and sighed. "I just want to go home. I wanna sleep," she said.

Max nodded. He took Sophie's bag and smiled. "Evie has covered your bedroom in pictures. And Madison has some news for you."

"What news?"

"You'll find out when we're home."

***
Sophie arrived home with Max. She noticed how Rachel was there. Sophie sighed. "I thought Rachel wasn't allowed near Evie cause of what happened?" She asked.

Max smiled. "Evie is probably outside. Madison wanted her here for the news for you."

Sophie was confused. She walked into the house. Madison walked towards her and pulled her into a hug. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Sophie nodded. "Yeah. My dad said you had some news. What?" She asked.

Madison grinned. "So this was finalised two days ago. But with you in hospital, I wanted to wait until you were home," she said. She handed Sophie a piece of paper.

Sophie glanced over it and felt a grin. Madison had adopted her. "You adopted me?" She asked.

"I did. You don't have to call me mum at all. I just wanted to do something to make you feel better after everything. You don't even have to agree," Madison said.

Sophie threw herself into Madison's arms. "Thank you."

***
Sophie was sitting in her room. She saw a text from Tom on her phone;

I'm sorry. I hope we can be together one day - Tom x

Sophie felt a tear slip down her cheeks. She wiped them away as Evie walked in. "Did you liked your dwawings?" She asked.

Sophie smiled and nodded. She climbed onto her bed and Evie joined her. "Mummy say she dopt you. What dat mean?" Evie asked.

"It means that your mummy is now my mummy kind of."

Evie nodded and smiled. "So you call my mummy mummy?"

***
Sophie had said she was going for walk and sighed. She was going to meet Tom. She knew she shouldn't have been going to see him.

Tom was waiting in the park. She looked at him. "My dad thinks I'm going for a walk. I can't be gone too long."

Tom nodded. He sighed. "I know I hurt you. And I'm sorry. How are you feeling after losing the baby?" He asked.

Sophie shrugged. "I'm coping. It's fine. I'm fine. Madison adopted me so I'm focusing on the future. And not on the past. The baby is in the past. Okay?"

Tom sighed. He knew she was trying to block out the pain of what happened. But he also knew she wouldn't admit it.

***
Sophie went back home and saw Madison sitting on the sofa. She looked around. "Where's dad?" She asked.

"He went out. We got into a fight about my mum being here and he went out. Evie is in bed," Madison said.

Sophie sighed and sat down and smiled. "I'm grateful to you. I love you Madi."

"I love you too pretty girl."

***
Sophie laid in bed that night and sighed. She had no idea how her father was in fact cheating on Madison.

She was also unaware that her life was going to come spiralling down. And she wouldn't be able to stop it.