26

Sophie groaned as she opened her eyes. She looked up as Madison walked in. "Hey you. Come on. Time for school," she said.

Sophie groaned and climbed out of bed. She looked at Madison. "Where's my dad?" She asked as she yawned.

"He didn't come home again. I don't know what's going on. But I don't think we're going to be together for much longer," Madison said.

Sophie frowned. "What'll happen to me?"

"You can come with me if you want to. I just don't see me and him working out much longer. And that breaks me. Because I know how much I love him," Madison said.

Sophie nodded and smiled. "I'll come with you. The way I see it, you're more of a mum to me than my own dad. You've looked after me better than anyone," she said.

"Okay babes. Just get ready for school. And then we'll drop Evie off and head to school," Madison told her.

***
Sophie walked into the common room. She frowned as she saw her dad with Kim. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She spat.

Max looked at her. "Nothing. I'm just talking to Kim. Nothing is going on with us. I want to make it work with Madison. I do. Trust me."

"I don't trust you though. That's the issue. I won't trust you until you come clean to Madison and then earn her forgiveness," she said.

Max rolled his eyes at her. He sighed. "I want you to know that I am your father. And I won't tolerate any disrespect from you."

Sophie scoffed. "Respect has to be earned. And you have no respect from me," she told him as she walked off.

***
Sophie was sitting in class. She rolled her eyes as Max walked past with Kim. Tom came over. "Ignore them. They're not worth it. Madison has already told me she will take you in. And she won't let anything happen to you," he said.

Sophie sighed. "I don't care. I hate him. And I'm going to out him for what he's done," she said.

Tom frowned. He knew Sophie. And he knew she had a temper. He didn't want to risk her doing anything that would cause a huge issue with Max.

Tom looked at her. "You just have to grin and bear it. I know it's hard. But I know you can do it. Okay?"

"Yeah. Whatever."

***
Sophie sat in assembly. She saw the projector and smirked. She stood up and walked over to Finn. "I will give you £25 to play this instead," she said.

"Done."

Sophie handed him the USB. She sat back down. Ignoring the looks from Tom. He knew what she had done. And he knew it was going cause trouble.

Everyone was sitting down. Max walked in. "Okay. We have a presentation. So sit down and enjoy," he said.

The lights went on and the video loaded. It was Max and Kim. They were kissing in an alleyway. Everyone started gossiping and laughing.

Max stood up. He quickly turned the video off. And looked at Sophie. "You. My office now," he spat.

Sophie shook her head. "No. Rot in hell."

***
Sophie and Evie were sitting in her bedroom. There was rowing from downstairs. The door opened and Max stormed in. "She's kicked me out. I hope you're happy."

Sophie smirked. "Happier then you'll know."

Max turned and walked off. Sophie sat there and sighed. But was she going down a dark path? Or was this the start of something much darker?