25.0

Title: “The One Where An Old Friend Returns.”

Scene 28: Exterior / Spencer’s Backyard / Night

Louis tries to get the barman’s attention but other people keep ordering before he even gets a chance to say Hello. A girl, who’s sitting alone by the bar, stares at him. She is EMMA (23), she has red hair, blue eyes and a drink on her hands.

EMMA: (yells to the bartender) “Hey! You!”

BARTENDER: “Yeah?”

EMMA: “Get this poor guy a drink, he’s been waiting for hours.” (turns to Louis, winks an eye) “That’s how it’s done.”

BARTENDER: (to Louis) “Sorry, man. What can I get you?”

LOUIS: “All good, I’ll just take whatever she is having.” (turns to Emma, smiles awkwardly) “Thanks.”

EMMA: “You are welcome and, just so you know, what I’m having is really strong. You think you can handle it?"

LOUIS: “I can give it a try.”

EMMA: “A guy who loves a challenge. Gotta love that.” (takes the mask off) “This thing is killing me. So pointless, isn’t it?”

LOUIS: (focused on the way the bartender is fixing his drink, looks worried to see the amount of alcohol) “I find it kind of fun. The masks thing I mean.”

EMMA: “I never got the point of it.”

LOUIS: “It’s my first masquerade party so I can’t judge.” (turns to Emma, his mouth drops open when he sees her face) “Oh my God.”

EMMA: “What is it?”

LOUIS: “Emma?”

EMMA: “Oh no, you know me? There goes my only chance to kiss a guy tonight.”

LOUIS: (laughs) “You haven’t lost your sense of humor I see.”

EMMA: “Who are you, mystery boy?”

LOUIS: “I can’t believe I’m standing in front of you. I haven’t seen you since…”

EMMA: “Come on, give me a name, I’m dying here.”

LOUIS: “You seriously have no idea?”

EMMA: “No.” (frowns, squints her eyes before opening them widely) “No way!”

LOUIS: (laughing) “Yes way.”

EMMA: “Louis?!” (stands up to hug him) “Oh my God, I can’t believe this.”

LOUIS: “I know. This is, by far, the nicest thing that happened to me tonight.”

EMMA: “Aw, you are still so sweet. And look at you, you look amazing. I’m speechless.”

LOUIS: “Look who’s talking.” (points at her body) “I mean wow!”

EMMA: (fakes a Californian girl accent) “Don’t you just love my dress?”

LOUIS: (laughs) “I missed you.”

EMMA: “I missed you too. I’m not going to ask what you did to lose the weight because I absolutely hate it when they ask me that question.”