18.0

Title: “The One Where Tessa Ruins It All.”

Scene 22: Exterior / Spencer’s Backyard / Night

HARRY: (very pleased) “Love to see us both on the same page then.”

LOUIS: (frowning) “What do you mean?”

HARRY: “You know... Me wanting to be with you, you wanting to be with me. We want the same thing, that’s good for a change.”

LOUIS: “Oh.” (swallows, nervous) “Yeah… You seem like a nice lad, you know? And since I don’t have many friends here in Saint Law-S.LAW.”

HARRY: “Ouch…” (sighs) “I can take that.”

LOUIS: “I just thought it would be nice to come tonight so we could… I don’t know, hang out and become friends, you know?”

HARRY: (after another short pause of silence) “Hang out? Interesting.”

LOUIS: “You seem disappointed.”

HARRY: “You mentioned the word friends way too many times.” (they laugh) “Busted! I actually had other things in mind but-”

LOUIS: “Other things? Like what?”

HARRY: “Do you really want me to tell you?”

LOUIS: “Sure, that’s why I asked.”

HARRY: “Well, you seem like the kind of guy that would freak out if I say them.”

LOUIS: “I have no idea of what you are talking about.”

HARRY: (laughing) “I really want to know if you are playing a part or this is actually what you really are.”

LOUIS: (frowning) “I… I… Mm, what do you mean?”

HARRY: “Are you actually this clueless or?”

LOUIS: “Clueless?”

HARRY: “Never mind.”

LOUIS: (sighs) “So… what do you do?”

HARRY: “I’d love to say that I’m an actor but that didn’t quite happen yet so, I’m afraid the answer would be that I work at Starbucks.”

LOUIS: “Starbucks?” (laughs) “Wait, seriously?”

HARRY: “Lame, huh?”

LOUIS: “Nah, it’s not lame at all.” (embarrassed) “I’m really sorry, I just thought you-”

HARRY: “It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize. I get how… well, lame it is to be my age and work at a Starbucks.”

LOUIS: “A lot of people your age work at Starbucks, there’s nothing wrong about it.”

HARRY: “You are just being nice.”

LOUIS: “No, seriously. Making it as an actor sounds way harder than other stuff.”

HARRY: “Says the guy who goes to Harvard.”

LOUIS: “Harvard? I don’t go to Harvard.”

HARRY: “You don’t?”