8.0

Title: “The One With The Big Lie.”

Scene 12: Exterior / Leo Carrillo Beach / Day

Louis plays with the waves while Harry watches him carefully, waiting for his chance to go talk to him. Harry smiles at how much fun Louis seems to be having.

HARRY: “The water is crazy today, isn’t it?” (Louis doesn’t hear so Harry struggles with the waves to get closer to him) “Waves are being a bitch today!” (Louis still doesn’t hear him so Harry, a bit annoyed, raises his voice) “Hey!”

LOUIS: (turns around to see who’s talking to him and when he recognizes Harry, he freaks out) “Shit!” (dives into the ocean, disappearing completely from Harry’s sight)

HARRY: (frowning) “Are you okay?”

LOUIS: (popping only his head out of the water) “I tripped.”

HARRY: (walks even closer) “Hi! It’s Harry.”

LOUIS: (nervous) “Hi, Harry.” (a big wave covers him completely so he starts coughing)

HARRY: (smiling) “You should stand up. Water is crazy today.”

LOUIS: (struggling not to stare at Harry’s torso) “I’m fine like this.”

HARRY: “Where are you from? I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before.”

LOUIS: (frowning) “I’m from…” (hesitates) “New Haven. I’m from New Haven.”

HARRY: “That sounds far. Never been in that part of Cali before. And, believe me, I have been everywhere in this state.”

LOUIS: (still frowning) “That’s not in Cal… Wait, are you kidding?”

HARRY: (confused) “Yes, I am.” (Louis laughs so Harry recovers his confidence) “I’m just funny like that.”

LOUIS: (raises an eyebrow) “Where is it then?”

HARRY: “New Heaven?”

LOUIS: (amused) “Haven. New Haven.”

HARRY: “Oh, yes. Um, it’s far.” (they both laugh) “Isn’t it?”

LOUIS: “Does Connecticut ring a bell?”

HARRY: “Oh.” (tries to remember) “Isn’t there a big outlet mall there?”

LOUIS: (laughs really hard) “There is.”

HARRY: “What did I say? What’s funny about that?”

LOUIS: “Nothing. I just remembered something.”

HARRY: “It’s close to New York, right?”

LOUIS: “Yeah, very close.”

HARRY: “Awesome. I love New york.” (Louis is still hiding his body inside of the ocean) “Are you peeing?”

LOUIS: “What?”

HARRY: “I always do what you are doing when I pee in the water.”