Dont Say That Part 21

The next morning, Maddie found herself waking up in her bed with Nick's arm wrapped around her waist as she laid on her side. She tried to turn over without distubring him, but he woke up and smiled at her sleepily so she smiled back. "How did I get in bed?" She whispered.

"I carried you, you fell asleep on me and the couch wasn't going to be very comfortable for us." He explained, his voice rough from just waking up. Maddie loved it though. "You're such a heavy sleeper." He teased. She laughed lightly.

"I love my sleep." She agreed. He chuckled, admiring her. Even when she just woke up, she looked perfect in his eyes. "What?" She asked, smiling.

"Just admiring my beautiful girlfriend." He answered honestly. She blushed, smiling and looking away suddenly shy. He loved when she did that because it meant she loved when he called her his and beautiful. "I love you, Maddie." Nick whispered, softly placing his hand on her cheek and kissing her forehead.

"I love you too, Nick." Maddie smiled. "Let's go get breakfast." She said. Nick just nodded, kissing her once more on the head before getting up. Maddie got up too, finding some jean shorts, a plain pink t-shirt which she tied up to show her stomach, and her white tennis shoes. She looked over at Nick to see him in dark jeans, a tight, black t-shirt and his black cowboy boots. She didn't look away when he looked at her.

"Checking me out?" He teased her, pulling her to him by her belt loops. She wrapped her arms around his neck nodding. "You look so cute." He said. She just smiled and pushed him away teasingly, walking to the bathroom. She fixed her hair into a high messy bun, washed her face, and brushed her teeth. She walked back out to find Nick was gone, so she walked into the living room and he talking to Mikey n the kitchen iwho seemed to be upset about something. She didn't want to interrupt so she quietly walked to Lucy's room.

"Hey Lucy." Lucy was rushing to get ready, but Maddie didn't know for what. "What's going on?"

"Mikey's dad is in the hospital. He had a car accident. Some idiot in a rush ran a red light and crashed into the driver's side. Apparently his dad could be paralyzed. Maddie... he's so upset. I have to go with him." Lucy's voice was laced with concern.

"Oh gosh. Well, let's go talk to the guys. Maybe we can follow them up there." Maddie offered. Lucy nodded. "Hey, he needs you to be there for him. Okay? Mikey needs you." Maddie wrapped her best friend in a tight hug and kissed her cheek before leading her into the kitchen. "Guys, what's going on?" Maddie asked. "I'm so sorry, Mikey." Mikey just nodded, he was practically freaking out.

"Maddie, Mikey needs to get back to his father right away. I know Lucy wants to go. Can you go or not? I have to drive... I don't want Mikey to drive like this." Nick said in a rushed tone.

"Of course. We can follow y'all up there or we can just all take my car if we want to stay together."

"We can take your car. Come on. Get packed." They all worked together to pack up and get stuff in the trunk of the car. Nick and Maddie sat in the front, while Mikey called family members and Lucy tried to just be there for him. Maddie could tell Mikey appreciated her presence, but his mind was too far gone at a time like this. Maddie gave Lucy a motivating smile and Lucy smiled back gratefully.

They finally found a parking spot at the hospital and filed in, asking which room Mikey's dad, Micheal  was in. They practically ran to the room, Maddie and Lucy slower than the guys. When they walked in, Michael was hooked up to all kinds of wires and tubes, an oxygen mask on his face, his face bruised and scratched, one of his arms had a few scratches, but his arms were folded across his chest as he slept. "Dad?" Mikey said weakly. Michael woke up with a few blinks, a squint, looking at each face, and then smiling at his son.

 "Mikey. What are you doing son? I'm fine." Michael said. Mikey went to take a seat on the edge of the chair near the hospital bed.

"Dad, please let me be here for you. Remember Nick? Your other adopted son?"

"Of course I do. Hey buddy." Michael looked at Nick smiling.

"Hey Pops." Nick walked on the other side of the bed and shook his hand smiling back.

"And this is my girlfriend, Lucy and this is  Nick's girlfriend and Lucy's best friend, Maddie." Lucy stood beside Mikey smiling shyly at Michael.

"Well, it's about dang time you got yourselves some good girls. Girls, I want you to know these guys are stubborn as mules, but their hearts are as soft as feather."

"We will remember that." Maddie spoke up, smiling at Michael, then pinching Nick discreetly. Nick sent her a smirk. The five of them talked for over two hours before Lucy's stomach growled. Everyone looked at her and started chuckling. "Let's go get some food for us and the guys." Maddie offered.

"Alright." Maddie and Lucy walked out toward the hospital cafeteria in search for food. "You wanted them to have guy time, didn't you?" Lucy asked, knowing her best friend all too well.

"Of course. They're like family. One day we might be too, but they still need their time together." Maddie explained.

"I agree. I bet these sandwiches are awful." Lucy commented looking at the menu. Maddie sent her a 'really?' look but Lucy just shrugged. They ordered two ham and swiss sandwiches for the guys with chips and they got turkey and swiss with chips plus four drinks. They took their time going back to the room, and when they walked in, they saw more people had come to visit. Every head turned to them.

"Guys, stop staring at our girls like they are aliens." Mikey said smiling. Everyone cracked up laughing. The girls put the food down and introduced themselves to all of Mikey's family members.