Dont Say That Part 22

After six hours of sitting in the hospital chairs or stretching their legs in the hallway, Mikey told his dad that they would be back later. The four of them got back into the car and drove around until the found a decent motel and checked into a room with two beds. The girls went to get something to eat from Zaxby's across the road while the guys put their stuff in the room and found a good ball game to watch. When the two girls came back in, they laughed as they saw the two guys on the floor, Mikey in a chokehold and Nick laughing, his face red and his hair and shirt messed up.

"What the heck are y'all doing?" Maddie asked. Nick instantly let go and got up, crossing the room to his girlfriend.

"We were just messing around. I was proving even though Mikey is larger than me, it's true strength that always wins."  Nick teases, sending a smirk to his best friend. Mikey just grunted, but he had a smirk on his face too. "I'm glad you're back beautiful." Nick kissed her cheek, butterflies filling the pit of her stomach.

"Why?" Because I have your food?" Maddie teased, handing them their bag. She glanced over at Lucy and Mikey, they were already on the bed eating and laughing. Maddie still thought it was strange that whenever her and Nick were together, they seemed like the only two in the world.

"No, because I love you AND you have my food." Nick corrected, winking at her before heading to the bed with their food. She followed, her stomach growling silently. They sat on the bed, enjoying their meals, and then Maddie collected all the trash to throw it away. "My little clean freak." Nick teased as she sat back down beside him, naturally leaning against him and his arm instantly wrapping around her. Their legs were stretched out beside each other and she held his other hand across their laps.

"That's just one more reason you need me." She teased back. He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"You're exactly right." He said, looking into her eyes. She smiled back and looked away blushing.

Mikey suddenly was standing at the foot of their bed with Lucy close by. "We are going to go back to the hospital with my dad tonight if that's okay. Can I borrow your truck, man?"

"Yeah, you okay? If anything happens, let Lucy drive, I trust her too." Nick grabbed his keys from the bedside table and tossed him to Mikey.

"Thanks, Nickypoo." Lucy said. Nick gave her a 'really?' look but just smirked, shaking his head.

"Just go.  Be safe and tell your dad I'll be back tomorrow, and Maddie."

"Yeah. Tell him hey again." Maddie said. Mikey nodded, gave a salute gesture and headed out, grabbing Lucy's hand as they walked out and shut the door.

"You know, we make a good team. Lucy, Mikey, you, and me."

"We do." Maddie agreed, smiling.

"Well... what do you want to do?" Nick asked, smirking, wiggling his eyebrows teasingly at the empty room.

"Play cards." Maddie said simply, smirking. She pulled a deck of cards out of the bedside table drawer and tossed on his stomach. Nick laughed.

"Not quite what I expected, but let's do it. War."

"Bring it on." Maddie said, loving how he unknowingly picked her favorite card game.