Don't Say That Part 9

When Maddie had tooken the last bite of her first brownie, Nick was slipping off his shirt and running towards the water. Maddie laughed as he ran in and fell face first in the water; coming back up and screaming how cold it was. He was also crazy enough to invite her in, but she was equally crazy for accepting the invite. "Maddie... I w-want you to kn-know that I really, r-really like y-you." Nick said shivering against her.

"I r-really, r-really like you too." She smiled back, also shivering. "Can we... get out now?" She bit out without stuttering that time. Nick smirked but nodded. He picked her up bridal style and carried her back to the blanket. He packed everything up really quick, put it in his truck then came back and got Maddie who was wrapped in the blanket. He turned the heat on full blast and they sat there, cuddled together in the middle of his truck, getting warm. She laid her head on his shoulder and he laid his head on top of hers. She almost fell asleep when he called her name.

"Maddie. I need to get you back or Lucy will cut my head off." She let out a tired laugh, and nodded but neither of them moved. "I could stay like this forever... You in my arms and the feeling of your heartbeat against my hand." Nick's hand was placed right where her heart was she realized and she smiled.

"Me too. Though, I really do need to go back..." Before she could finish her sentence, her phone dinged, and she knew it was Lucy by the type of ringer it was. She looked at it, and smirked. 

"Let me guess... She's out with her new boyfriend?"

"Who's also your best friend? Yes." They laughed. "So it looks like we have as much time as you want with me..." She said, trailing off. She looked into his eyes and he smiled. He took her hand in his and held it tightly, but softly. She smiled at the small, but meaningful gesture.

"So... is forever a suitable amount of time?" He asked. He looked back at her, like he wanted to see her reaction to that question. She just smiled, blushing too, and shrugged. "I wish it was..."

"You know... just cause your leaving a couple days... doesn't mean this is over..." She said.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his voice an octave higher. She held in her smile at how he was trying to hide his excitement.

"We can... well some people... it works sometimes..." She stumbled. He put his finger under her chin and lifted her face so she would look at him.

"Are you saying you want to try a long distance relationship with me?" He asked, his voice huskier.

"Maybe... I dont know...." He gave her a pointed, doubtful look. "Yes..." She said shyly. "It's stupid.... nevermi-" She couldn't finish her rambling because NIck's lips were suddenly pressed to hers. Not that she minded at all. He didn't stop at her lips though, he trailed kisses down her neck, following her collarbone, across the top of her shoulders and back to her face. He kissed her until she couldn't think about anything except him, literally. She couldn't. "Nick..."

"Maddie, will you be here and now, unchanging, and long-distant girlfriend?" He asked, his voice deeper than she ever heard it before. He held her hand a little tighter too, but he was still gentle with her. His other hand was twisted in her now messy hair. She smiled so wide, her cheeks hurt a little, but she didn't care. She was over the top happy in that moment.

"Yes." She answered in a squeaky whisper. Nick smiled from ear to ear before kissing her once more, this time more needy and hungry but still passionate. Maddie giggled when he pulled away and she saw that his lips were swollen, but she figured hers was too. "Want to finish this night off with a good movie and some cuddling?" She asked. He smirked.

"You just want an excuse to be in the same bed as me." He teased, poking her side.

"You caught me red-handed." She held her free hand up like she was surrendering.

"I like it... Yes... I'd love that, my beautiful and sexy girlfriend." He said.

"Sexy?" Maddie teased.

"You're the second sexiest person in this vehicle."

"You are correct... Your bobble head of Lebron James is T totally the first sexiest." She teased back. He glared at her and tickled her until she could barelly breathe.

:"Take it back."

"YOU..." She panted through her breathing and laughter, "are the..." pant, laugh, pant, "first sexiest in this vehicle."  Nick just smirked.

"Nah, I'm second, youre first. Always." He kissed her temple and they buckled up before heading back to her place.