Dont Say That Part 15

They walked at a slow pace toward her work and with each step Maddie already missed Nick more and more. They walked around to the back of the restaurant and Maddie had ten minutes to spare. She wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and laid his head gently on hers. They stayed that way for a few minutes before Nick pulled away just enough to cup her face in his hands. He looked in her eyes and smiled. She smiled back, with growing tears in her eyes, and as one slipped down her cheek, Nick wiped it away slowly. He leaned down and kissed her slowly, softly and sweetly. Maddie smiled against his lips and put her forehead against his. They each took a deep breathe and laughed lightly. She looked at him one more time and hugged him. He hugged back with all of his heart and pulled away kissing her one last time. She smiled and took his hoodie which was tied around his waist. They slowly let go of each other's hands as she walked inside waving to him as the door closed behind her. He stood there for another minute staring at the closed door, before turning on his heel, and walking back to the hotel while replaying his and Maddie's time together in his mind.

"Hurry up! I have to be at work in time or I will get fired!"

"Chill babe." Mikey said. Nick laughed at the couple as they loaded the last of their things in the truck. "You are going to get worry lines in that pretty little forehead of yours." Mikey kissed Lucy's forehead as she tried not to smile at his clever comment. She ended up smiling as they climbed in the truck and started toward Lucy's job. She had five minutes to spare as Mikey and her climbed out of the truck Mikey and Lucy said goodbye similarly to Nick and Maddie but still in an original way. Mikey climbed back in and Lucy ran in to work with one minute left to clock in. As Nick drove, he was still thinking about Maddie, all of things that drove him crazy in the best way about her. He realized that he had indeed fallen in love with her over the past few days and that he wasn't scared to fall like he thought he was going to be. He hoped she felt the same, and the way she almost cried while saying goodbye to him, he was pretty sure she did.

Nick and the guys unloaded the truck, the three guys putting their bags in their cars while Nick carried his in his house where they had left their cars. Mikey, Mark and Ryan joined Nick in his game and workout room for some last minute gaming time. "Tomorrow... everything goes back to normal." Ryan stated when the game ended with Mark winning.

"Yeah... except now I have to juggle work and a long distance relationship."

"Me too, man. Me too." Nick said, but he smiled adding, "but she's worth it." Mikey smirked and nodded in agreement.

"I can't believe y'all... you went to the beach for a few days and now you both are lovesick. It's making me normal sick." Mark teased. Mikey and Nick glanced at each other before punching Mark in each arm. "Ow!" He whined.

"Get out of here if you're going to make front of us lovesick fools." Nick said. Mark stood with mock hurt and walked toward the door.

"Bye." He said in a fake snotty voice. The boys busted out laughing as he walked off. Ryan eventually left too.

"Lucy... I 've never felt so much for one girl in my life." Mikey said.

"Yeah, same here with Maddie. She just has that something that's been missing in my life. I swear Mikey... I think I'm already in love with her."

"I might be in love too, man. We are two lucky guys." Mikey nodded.

"Sure are." Nick agreed.

"I'm going to get home and unpack before ten... Lucy gets off and wants me to call her as she walks home."

"Yeah, I'll probably call Maddie. Have a good night, bro." Nick said. They man hugged.

"You too." Mikey walked out with a little more spirit in his step than usual. Nick wondered if he walked that way too now. Nick grabbed his suitcase and took it to the laundry room, dumping it into the washer and turning the washer on. He took his toiletry bag to the bathroom and unloaded it slowly and found one of Maddie's hairbands in it. He put it on his wrist and smiled, it was pink. Real men wear pink... for their girlfriends, he thought. He went to the kitchen and grabbed a Coke then made his way to his favorite chair in the living room. It was a large, royal blue chair that was perfect for any relaxing position. He turned the TV on and began watching the football game between Steelers and Saints. He set his phone on his chest and waited patiently but eagerly for Maddie to text or call him. He fell asleep near nine, exhausted from getting up early with Maddie and driving. His phone ringing woke him up around ten, and he smiled lazily as he realized it was Maddie. "Hey baby."

"Hey." Her voice was soft and tired, but still beautiful to hear.

"How was your day?"

"It was tiring, but I guess it was alright. Yours?"

"It was boring. I miss you."

"I miss you too." She responded, a smile evident in her tone. "Your hoodie is keeping me warm as I walk home." She said. Nick smiled.

"I'm glad I left it then. I wouldn't want my girl being cold."

"It would be better if this hoodie was you." Maddie flirted.

"Oh, baby, how I wish it was. Don't go teasing me now. I'll be back down there in flash to whoop your butt."

"I dare you." She teased.

"Maddie, you're unfair to me." He fake pouted.

"You love it."

"Yeah. I do." He said. "I..." He started to say 'I love you' but the words hung in his throat as he thought maybe it was too soon. "I wish I could see you fall asleep toinght."

"Do you want to Skype when I get home? I'm probably going straight to bed." She asked.

"Yes... I would love to see you're adorable face." She laughed at his response and told him she would call him on Skype when she got in.