Dont Say That Part 14

"Do you have everything packed except the morning needs?" Maddie asked from her spot on the bed. She watched sadly as Nick packed up the last of his dirty clothes. He grabbed a hoodie from his clean bag and sprayed it once with his cologne before tossing it to her.

"Keep it with you. A part of me. That hoodie goes everywhere with me..."

"Thank you." She forced a smile. He zipped up his bags and then sat beside her on the bed, their legs spread out, their toes touching. She leaned her head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of her head. He wrapped his arm around her shifting them down so they were laying together. They tangled their legs and she wrapped her arm around his waist. No words were needed to explain that they were trying to savor their last few hours together.

"Maddie." Nick whispered.

"Yes?" She whispered back.

"I love you." He heard her suck in a quick breathe. She looked up into his eyes and smiled.

"I love you too." His eyes lit up and they leaned to kiss each other quickly. They held each other for another hour in comfortable silence before Nick felt Maddie's breathing pattern slow down which meant she was sleeping. He held her more tightly and tried to get some sleep of his own.

~~~
"Maddie... Maddie..." Nick shook her arm a little and she finally woke up mumbling unclear words. He chuckled at her mess of hair and kissed her head. Everytime he looked at her, he saw pure beauty.

"What?" She whispered, her voice strained from waking up.

"Come watch the sunrise with me." He said. She nodded. They slowly got up and she fixed her hair quickly before slipping on his hoodie and her flip flops. He smiled at her and tugged on his shirt and shoes before they headed down to the lobby. They walked out onto the beach and sat near a large rock waiting for the sunrise. They saw it a few minutes later at the horizon and Maddie leaned against him, her eyes more awake now and a smile on her lips. The sun rose, and they both stared at its beauty until more people came outside. Nick grabbed her hand, kissing it once before leading her back to the hotel room. "What time do you have to be at work?"

"My boss said by nine at the latest." Maddie replied, not looking forward to her twelve hour shift.

"I'll drive you then, before we head back home." He said. When they walked back in the room, the rest of the group was up, getting dressed or laid back watching The Survivors on Netflix. "Mikey... I'm taking Maddie to work by nine so we can leave when I get back."

"I have to be at work by ten. But my work is only ten minutes from here." Lucy informed.

"Well, we will drop you off on the way home then." Mikey said, draping his arm around her shoulders. Lucy looked at him smiling in approval. He smirked back.

"Wait... I'm sorry... I need my work clothes..." Maddie said. Lucy gasped at her statement.

"Me too! Crap. I forgot we came in our swim suits."

"Well, no problem. We can go to your place now and hang out until y'all have to be at work." Nick suggested. Maddie smiled at how smart he was.

"You are too amazing sometimes." She teased Nick. He softly took her chin in his fingers and kissed her.

"If you say so." He replied, smirking at her. She laughed lightly and shoved his shoulder playfully. "Let's go." The ladies got their stuff together and Nick, Maddie, Lucy, and Mikey headed to the apartment. When they walked in, the place was just as they left it last time... messy. Though the guys didn't seem to notice or care. They sat on the couch and found a scary movie to watch while the ladies got ready. Maddie came out first in her typical work clothes: jeans, a t-shirt with the restaurant name on it, and white converse sneakers. Nick checked her out as she walked to the kitchen to get something to eat, and he smiled at her mischeviously when she looked at him. Lucy came out a few minutes later in khakis, her work logo on her collared shirt, and her black converse sneakers. Maddie had thrown her hair into a messy, loose ponytail while Lucy had straight hair she had just fixed. Nick stood up and walked over to Maddie, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. She smiled and leaned into his body. He kissed her cheek and rested his chin on her shoulder. "You're so beautiful Maddie. I hope you know that."

"As long as you say so, I'll believe it." She joked, but she actually tried to hide her insecurities.

"Maddie, you are. I'm probably not the only one to think that. I want to believe it whether I say it or not... and it will happen eventually. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes right now. Baby, you have on simple work clothes and you threw your hair up in a messy ponytail and I was over there thinking of ways to hide how turned on I was becoming." She laughed and turned around in his arms, wrapping hers around his neck. She stood on her toes and kissed him. He kissed back and she deepened the kiss. She slid one hand into his hair and the other was pressing against his chest. His hands found her cheek and the back of her neck where he played with the angel hair that was too short to go into a ponytail. Maddie pulled away softly, and he rested his forehead on hers. "Gosh girl, you just know how to make my heart go wild, don't ya?" He teased, but his heart beat had actually sped up. Her stomach had filled with butterflies and she saw sparks in her mind. She smiled shyly but didn't take her eyes away from his. Nick checked the time on his phone and took a deep breathe. "Thirty minutes. Do you want to walk there with me?" He asked. Even though she thought about saying no because she knew her feet would be killing her by the end of the night, she nodded smiling. He took her hand in his, their fingers tangling together perfectly. They told Mikey and Lucy bye and then headed to her work place.