Chapter 8

On Friday afternoon Yunlan meets me downstairs, looking chirpy for a Billionaire. "How is my favorite Assistant doing?"

"Uh....who are you? And what did you do to Zhao Yunlan?"

"What? You think I can't play nice when the situation requires?"

"What situation are we talking about?"

"I am talking about our 'Date'"

"You are excited about our fake date?" I question with a hint of guilt.

"I am excited to see how you are going to perform today. You were so eager to arrange a fake date that you were looking for unknown person's for help. That means the situation is dire. Wonder why you want people to look you are taken"

It was in the middle of the conversation that I noticed Yunlan in a suit. My eyes just stay at him and I don't even hear the question he just asked me. Yunlan notices my stare, he scratches the back of his head a little unsure.

"Yunlan, you look miserable"

"Is it that obvious? I tried to brush the feeling off by starting a conversation. It didn't work though"

"You really hate going out in a crowd don't you?"

He grunts and turns his head "Don't worry about it you will do fine. But I wanted to know why are you dressed so early? The party is in the evening"

"I just wanted to try and see if the suit fit me well. I haven't worn one for a long time. So how do I look?"

"You look really good. I haven't prepared my dress yet. We will have to meet at the location"

"Why? Send me your home address I will pick you up"

"Oh no no...that won't be necessary"

"I thought we were going as a couple Wei, not as colleagues"

"Um okay, let's go to your cabin we will discuss everything in detail"

We take a elevator to his floor and get seated in his cabin. "Tell me your address"

"Okay I will text you my location"

"Are we supposed to act as a romantic couple?"

"I guess so, but a professional one"

"How professional?"

"Enough to get my parents off my back and make my ex to feel miserable the whole night"

"Your ex? Is this a wedding? Dinner?"

"Its a business party. My former employer is making my ex the head of the company"

"Sounds tough. Last question then. Is kissing in my agenda tonight?"

"Why do you look nervous when you are asking? Are you getting rusty?" I look at him teasingly.

In one swift motion we wraps his arms aroud me and tugs me close. His lips almost brush against mine, teasing me.

"What do you think? Should I test it out?"

"Ah...haha....might not be a good idea"

He lets go of me and smirks "Suit yourself. Why don't you go home for now and I will see you in the evening. There's not much work today you can go and get yourself ready"

"Okay, see you later Yunlan"

"See you Wei"

I head back to my apartment to change. As I walk in the front of my wardrobe I go through many kinds of suits. I finally decide upon a light purple suit with a white undershirt and a light pink tie. I go and first clean shave my pricking beard off and immediately take a shower, get out of my bathroom in a towel. I put deodorant on my body, put some facial cream to soften my skin and put light gloss on my lips. I put on the undershirt and pants. Put on my tie and coat and adorn the pocket with a pink rose. I put some gell on my hair to make it stiff for the hairstyle I chose.