Chapter 22

Surprisingly I slept well last night despite the ice cold weather. I moved to stretch myself of any sore limbs and realized I could not move. I looked down and found a man with disheveled hair snuggling close to me. I jumped up surprised and pushed the man away from me and scrambled away from him. I found a stick lying on the ground, took it and pointed it at the man.

"Who are you? How did you get in the cave?"

The disheveled man groaned and rubbed his head as he had bumped on the ground when I pushed him away.

"W-Wei?"

"Huh? Why does it sound like Yunlan?"

I still waited for him to answer as I could not really see his face. "Wei?"

"Yunlan? Is that you?"

The man rubs his eyes and looks at me, indeed it was Yunlan. I rush towards him. "I am so sorry for pushing you. I just saw a man leaning on me and panicked. I clearly couldn't see who it was"

"It's okay Wei. We are deep in the cave there won't be any sunlight in here. Let's get out of here"

I hold him and we walk out of the cave. As soon as the sunlight falls on our face we cover our eyes. We felt like a caveman, who was staying inside the cave for very long and felt the sunlight after many years.

"How did you get to the cave Yunlan?"

"Let's get out of here first. I will tell you everything on the way"

As we were walking Yunlan was telling me how he got here. In between he would check the trees and I notice that there were markings. "What are you looking for?"

"I had marked trees so that I won't get lost in the forest. This will get us back to the cabin"

I nod and follow him for a while. We walk in a twisted path and I realize how far I had come. Looking at Yunlan I can see his clothes were drenched as well. He must have looked for me whole right even in the rain. I felt stupid, because of me Yunlan had to suffer yesterday night. If only I was not lost in my thoughts and messed the pathway, I would not have troubled him. He was also walking with a slight limp. I felt even bad now, even with his prosthetic leg he ran around the forest looking for me. He must have strained his leg badly. The act Yunlan performed for me made me realize he was sincere this time. His love for me proved itself, how strong it was. What I had decided last night changed and now I knew what answer I should give Yunlan. If I let him go now then I would be a fool.

After walking for about half n hour, we could see a clear path and were happy to know it leaded to the cabin. When we came in front of the cabin, we saw grandma's sons getting ready to go into the forest. They had relief on their faces when they saw us.

"Master, Mr Shen, thank god you both are well and good. We searched for both of you last night and could not find you. We were getting ready to go back to the forest"

Grandma walks in "Enough Enough, they must be tired and hungry. Why don't you both go back to your rooms and have a fresh bath? I will prepare breakfast for you"

"Okay!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast, Yunlan and I were sitting in his room. We both did not speak anything and just kept quiet. I had to break the ice that had formed between us.

"Thank you"

"Huh? For what Wei?"

"For saving me last night. If you hadn't come to look for me, I don't think I would have returned back"

"How could I sit around and not come for you? What I told you yesterday evening were not empty words. I meant everything I said and I was so worried when you did not come back that I forgot about my bad leg and ran into the forest to look for you"