Chatper 9

We walk through the giant double door of the building passing the reception desk and enter a beautiful ballroom. Before I could comprehend who's where Yunlan points out to a women wearing a sharp white dress.

"Is that your Mom?"

"Wow....Shen Hui Mei in ageless flesh. Let's go, Our seat is at Table 6 and it's right up front"

"Oh boy"

"Yeah, and here I thought we could sneak out early"

"Ohhh....early huh?" Yunlan looks at me and smirks.

"I....I didn't mean that way. I meant sneak out and go to our own houses"

"I know what you meant Wei" the smirk remains on his lips.

As we approach our table Yunlan frowns "Sorry to break to you this Wei, were you supposed to sit beside someone you don't like?"

He slids his hand on my back and rubs it to calm my nerves as he sees me shivering. The light touches on my skin brings electricity up my spine. All I want now is to take Yunlan to my house and.......

"Wei?" I was brought out of my stupor when my Mom approaches me. I try my best not to show the displease of the seating arrangements.

"Are you not going to introduce me to your date?" I could clearly see behind her plastic smile that there is some kind of bad intention towards my date.

"Yes Mom, this is Zhao Yunlan. He is my wonderful boyfriend"

"Your what?"

"Mrs Shen, I am Darling Wei's Darling boyfriend"

The way he says my name sends a dangerous feeling inside of me. I know it's the part of an act but I cannot stop myself from the blush creep up my face.

"You're serious? Your Zhao Yunlan the second brother?"

"In the flesh Mam"

"I didn't know my son was intimate with one of the Zhao brothers" My mom looks at me with so much anger that I feel as if a teenager is getting a backlash for doing something wrong. I roll my eyes at her sarcasm.

"We are professionally intimate as well Mom"

She scoffs "Zhu Jui will be disappointed if you don't congratulate him personally" My mom grabs my hand and pulls me along with her. I look back at Yunlan and plead with my eyes to stop her.

"If you'll excuse me" My mother replies coldly to Yunlan.

"No I will not" My mother freezes when she hears cold reply from Yunlan. "We came together right Minua?"

My Mother cringes when Yunlan uses the nickname accidentally. I smile back at Yunlan and gently pry my hands away from my Mom's grip. Yunlan holds my hand and takes me towards the crowd. I smile gently at him and thank him for saving me from embarrassment.

"Let the guest pick up his ass and come meet us if he is so desperate to see you. Or he can come after he gets whatever crinket he is assigned to get on stage"

We walk to the bar and take a seat together. "So tell me about this Zhu Jui. How long did you date him?"

"So long...if you ask me"

"Not a perfect answer. Did you live with him?"

"Not exactly"

"Were you engaged?"

"Hell no!"

"Tell me again how long you guys dated?"

"Does it matter Yunlan?"