Chapter 14

The next morning, I head to my office. I'm alone in the building with Li.

"So you just left?"

"Yeah!"

"And....are you going back?"

"No!" I organize some folders on my table and Li looks at me worriedly.

"Ever?"

"We can get by without the help of Zhao's. You said so yourself Li. If he is going to act that way towards me then I will tie the loose ends and end it right then and there"

"But what about you Wei?"

"What about me?"

"Aren't you sad?"

"What is there to be sad about?"

"You not able to be with him because he's moody"

"What relationships? We weren't even official. I will not let anyone talk to me like he did. We both can be like adults if he wants to talk, but like a civilized people. If he wants to be a child, he can be that himself"

"If I had a hot hunk like that who was a beast in bed, I would not have let him go"

I give a vary chuckle. Li gets up pats my shoulder and walks towards the door. Before turning the knob he turns "Are you sure you are okay?"

"I'm going to be absolutely fine. I have survived worse than this."

"Okay, just tell me if you need anything"

He smiles at me and disappears behind the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spend the entire afternoon in the office and go home. One day turns to two. Then three. Before I know it, an entire week has passed. I think back about all the times I spent with Yunlan while having late night coffees. As I was lost in my thoughts, I hear a knock at my door. I walk over and look out through the peephole to see a man standing there. My body freezes as I slowly open the door.

"Wei...hey..."

"Yunlan..is everything okay?"

"No! Not in the slightest. I know it's late at night, I am sorry. I reached an hour back, damn stairs"

I look at the stairs down below which had 6 steps evidently. I didn't even bother to smile at his joke.

"Sorry, that was a joke" he scratches the back of his head nervously. "I came to apologize for acting like an ass"

"Okay"

"You deserve better Wei. You deserve better treatment from your clients, from your lover. I've never been great at this and you proved how much worse it has gotten."

"Yunlan, you should leave"

"Wei...please...wait...hear me out"

I groan, fighting every instincts to wrap my arms around him. "One chance Yunlan. If I don't like anything you say, I am gone"

"That's fair. I want to go out with you, tonight"

"Now?"

"Please let me take you on a date. Let me treat you better"

"I need to go to my room"

"Take your time. I will be downstairs" he steps forward, cupping the nape of my neck and placing a soft kiss on my lips. I was melted by the soft kiss. "I will make it up to you Wei, I promise!"

I float in the bedroom on cloud nine. "He cares about me. He came back for me. I have a feeling we are going somewhere really nice. I need to look good"