Chapter 23

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?"

"Yes!"

"OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!"

"Please stop jumping around like a kid Li"

"This is such a good news, how can I not be happy for you. After knowing each other for more than a year, you guys are finally together. I wonder what happened in the cabin huh? You are glowing Wei"

Li wiggles his eyebrows at me teasingly "Shut up Li! I am not telling you anything. It's just what you are thinking. To be honest, even I cannot believe we are finally together, finally a couple"

"I am so happy for you Wei. What have you decided now? Will you continue being his secretary?"

"He won't need me Li as he is a COO now, in a few days it's his coronation"

"Did you decide to go?"

"Definitely! After all my other half is getting coronated"

"Ahhh...what a beautiful ending for a beautiful love story"

"Hahha...stop being so corny. Get back to work!"

"Yes boss!" Li salutes me and walks away with a hop on his steps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was his coronation, I walked into the grand hall wearing my beautiful black and white tux. As I walk in Zhao Mei welcomes me wholeheartedly (Zhao Bei Zhang's wife).

"Welcome Wei! It's been months after I saw at the dinner party in the warehouse. I am so happy to see you agreed to attend today"

"I had to! I was someone's support after all"

Zhao Mei smiles "Let's go in, the function is about to start"

The coronation soon starts and in walks the King on the stage. He was non other than the legendary Zhao Ruyan, the head of the family. All called him King as he was a powerful person in the country. All respected him. Looking at his handsome features and fit body, he did not look like father of three at all. Just then a beautiful lady in her mid 50s walks to our table. Zhao Wu Xing, his girlfriend Chang Ying and Zhao Mei smiles looking at her and offer her a seat.

"Wei, please meet our step mother Ming Yao"

"Ahh so she is his father's girlfriend Yunlan was talking about"........"Hello Mam!"

"Don't be so polite son, you must be Yunlan's date. So you are also a member of our family. You can call me Ms Ming"

"Huh? Aren't you Mrs Zhao yet?"

"Hahaha....what can I say their father has yet to propose to me"

"Oh, so Yunlan got this trait from his father"

"Oh poor dear, did Yunlan make you struggle a lot"

"Now it's fine, Ms Ming. We are a couple now"

"Couple? I thought he already proposed to you. The day he came back from his cabin he was glowing, we all thought he has a fiance now"

"Hahaha...no...we just became a couple"

"Oh Lord, he is much tougher than his father"

"That he indeed is!"

Just then a hush fell on the stage and all stood up to congratulate the second son Zhao Yunlan for being the COO of his father's company. The coronation ended and a after party was held. I was hanging around with the other members when Yunlan and his father walked to our table.

"This is the happiest day of my life. Both my sons are settled. Now I need to see where my younger one will go" Mr Zhao said.

"Don't worry Honey, he will do fine"

Ms Ming kisses Mr Zhao when he walks to the table. Behind him Yunlan walks in and stands near me, snaking his hand on my waist and kissing my cheeks. "Thank you for coming love"

"I would never miss it for the world"

"Are you enjoying the party?"

"Alcohols as my favorite"

"Hahah...yess it is"

"So this beautiful man her is my son's date?"

I look back at Mr Zhao and nod at him "I am Shen Wei, owner of Shen lǖxíngshè"

"Ohh...isn't this the same company my daughter-in-law visits all the time? She praises their services that I decided to once visit this company and what a chance that I got to meet the owner of this company"

"You are just being humble sir"

"Sir? You are a part of the family now, so call me Mr Zhao"

"Yes, Mr Zhao"

"I hope my son is not giving you a hard time? He is a difficult nut to crack"

"Yes he is, it took me more than a year to crack him open"

"Oh dear lord, Yunlan, why did you torture this poor creature for so long"

"I am sorry father, I apologized to him and now we are a couple"

"Couple? Son...it's time you propose him quickly before he slips from your fingers. Wu Xing let's go dance"

Wu Xing nods and father - son drags their other halfs into the dance floor and dances together. After dancing for a while they kneel down before them and take out a ring. All the people stop dancing and look at the father and son proposing to their better halfs. Chang Ying and Ming Yao stands frozen. The boys put a ring on their fingers and kisses them in front of everyone. They both squeal in happiness and jump up and down. After the dance they walk back to the table and flashes their respective rings.

"I am going to marry Ming Yao and my son will marry his girlfriend. I was wondering when Yunlan will marry"

We both sheepishly look at each other and smile. "Don't worry father! It will be sooner than you all think"

I widen my eyes and look at him shocked. He just smiles at me and hugs me. I was shocked, that one statement was enough for me to know how serious Yunlan was about us. The man who hesitated to even be a couple was agreeing to the marriage between us. That was indeed a shocking revelation and also made me the most happiest person in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12th February was near and it meant days of fun. But Wei was sad and depressed. Yunlan looks around at the cafe they are in at the moment. He calls for a waiter and ask to bring them some tea. Yunlan rubs Wei's shoulder sympathetically.

"Wei, it's okay. How long do you decide to run away. You have to meet them one or the other day, they are your family"

"Yunlan, I am fine with meeting them for a day but staying with them for 15 days is like suffocating for me. How will I survive from all the criticism and self praise from them. I would go crazy."

"You need to deal with it Wei. You cannot be with us on these days. Well you can, but your parents have asked you to spend those times with them. So you have to go"

"Do I really have to?"

"Wei, it's New Year. These days you have to spend it with your family. Who knows they might change and accept you for who you are? You have to go, trust me on this"

"Okay, if you say so. But I would miss you these 15 days"

"It's not like you cannot meet me then Wei. You are just staying with your family"

"Hmmm okay"

He rubs my hair and pats my back. "Chill up, we still have few days to go. How about after New Year, why don't you move in with me?"

I get up in quick motion "Move in?"

"Yes!"

"You mean it?"

"Yes! So will you?"

"Ofcourse I will!"