Wednesday

It was Wednesday and Kelly had a job in the early evening. Golden hour, photographers call it. Jared was still insisting on going with her but promising to remain out of sight. He was dying to see her in action. He had, of course, already searched her business online to look at her work. Jared was blown away by her skill. On her website, she described her style as candid. Candid, indeed, but in the best way. Genuine smiles, genuine emotion, people looked relaxed and happy in her shots. As far as technical ability they couldn't be beaten; tack sharp, proper exposure, great use of lighting. They had this quality about them that was just sumptuous. Her reviews were all phenomenal. Client after client repeated the same sentiments, how happy they were with the photos, how friendly and pleasant Kelly was to work with, and so on and so on.

Kelly had no social media aside from a Yelp page and whatever review sites had her listed, however. Jared wondered if that's why she wasn't getting as much work as she could. None of her friends, including Josh, had any social media either. 

Kelly had been restless in the night again, and again Jared grabbed her and pulled her close, and again she fell fast asleep, and stayed asleep, for the rest of the night. He had not tried to kiss her again after they returned from the beach. Jared was trying to stay on his best behavior, for now. He felt that would be the best way to advance the relationship with her. 

Kelly is a bit on edge while having breakfast. Jared isn't sure if it is because she is feeling like a cheater or if it's work-related. He set her off by suggesting he put gas in her car.

"This is making me uncomfortable. Not only am I cheating on my husband, for no good reason, but I'm also freeloading. No, no this is not right."

Jared rolls his eyes and drops his fork dramatically. He isn't sure when to break it to her that he already had the concierge arrange to fill up her car last night when they returned from the beach. He operated under the ask-forgiveness-rather-than-permission motto. 

"Don't be so uptight, min älskling," he chuckles.

Jared calling her "my darling" in Swedish did not endear her to him if that was his intention.

"How do you figure you're freeloading, Kelly? We're eating together. I'm not buying you lavish gifts, we're just eating food together. It doesn't harm my bank account. So what if I want to do it?"

"Well, gas in my car is my responsibility."

He sits back, folds his arms, and says, "I'm sorry, Kelly. I take that back. I'm not sorry. Your car has a full tank of gas in it and there is nothing you can do about it. The deed has been done."

She balls up her napkin and throws it at his head. "You are a dick, Leto. A huge dick."

"Well, I have a huge dick. But I'm not sure how it compares to Monster Cock Josh."

"I guess we'll never know." 

It stung Jared a little for her to say that but it just added fuel to his sense of challenge. He would have her and she would be with him. And Josh wasn't going to be left out; Josh was about to get everything he always wanted. 

"I have to get my equipment for later and I don't want you going with me for that."

"I could wear a disguise?" he jokes. "I want to see your photoshoot though," he adds with a serious tone. "I'm interested in watching you work." He holds up his hand, "I sincerely promise not to interfere. I swear, I'll be a ninja."

"I already said you could." Kelly did trust Jared, she knew he would not purposely embarrass or sabotage her at work. It was also nice to know someone would be close by, should anyone try to grab her equipment (or her) in the parking lot. Jared always gave off this personal-security-guard type vibe. Kelly felt protected with him around, like nothing bad would ever happen to her just by his mere presence. It was a nice feeling. She liked that feeling.