The Last Sunset

Jared's jealousy aside, everyone had a great time at the beach house and they return to the compound on Sunday, relaxed and refreshed. The compound looks a bit more shabby in comparison to the lavish beach house. Even so, she can't believe tonight will be her last sunset in Jared's magnificent bedroom for months. One of her absolute favorite events was watching the sky transform into a blend of oranges, hot pinks, and rich purples as the sun dipped below the horizon. It seems she must have taken 10,000 or more photos of it because it astonished her every single time.

Sunday is also their last day off before the tour. Jared invites everyone over for one final Family Day. He has an overwhelming desire to spend time with Kelly around his family. She is part of his life now, he wants them to see how important she is to him.

Just as last time, all the cousins showed up first, then the older members of the family filtered in. Shannon and Tara brought their new rescue, a senior dog named Big Papa. Kelly and Josh are super excited about Big Papa, as they love dogs and couldn't wait to get another one of their own again.

While the family is distracted by all the commotion, Shannon is presented with an opportunity to corner Jared alone. "Come here," he beckons Jared, leading him into an empty bedroom. Once inside, Shannon advances angrily towards him. "You're fucking his wife!" He says loudly, his finger in Jared's face.

"Lower your voice," Jared commands, pushing Shannon's hand away from his face.

"Why? Are you ashamed of fucking someone else's wife?" Shannon shakes his head at Jared. "You have no idea, you've never been married."

"Neither have you," Jared interjects.

"You're right. I was too busy fucking around and now I'm finding out." Shannon paces around, trying to contain his anger. "And I don't even blame her. I blame you, bro."

"Oh, yeah, cause she's not culpable at all in this," Jared replies sarcastically.

"I guarantee that girl did everything in her power to turn you off, said no to you over and over, but you persisted and persisted. Just like you do because you always have to get what you want. Do you even like Josh? Because he's an amazing guy. He doesn't deserve a stab in the back."

"I'm not stabbing him in the back. He's a prominent member of a world-famous band. I'd say that's pretty good."

"Was that your offer to him? His wife for his dreams?"

"Fuck off with that, Shannon."

Shannon gets right in Jared's face. "Get your shit together, Jared. This won't end well for anyone. Least of all Josh or Kelly. Leave her alone." He points his finger right in Jared's face, "I mean it, Jared. Leave her alone."

"What if she won't leave me alone?"

"It's not on her, it's on you."

"I love her, Shannon."

"Why her? Did Valeriya age out? You're obsessed with always getting someone younger. Leave her alone."

Jared screws up his face, "Bro, she's the same age as your girlfriend."

"Bullshit. She looks younger than Valeriya."

"She's not. Don't you remember her, Shannon?"

Shannon has no idea what Jared is talking about.

"Celeste. Don't you remember Celeste?"

"Celeste? No. Celeste who?"

"From Pure Platinum."

It's still not ringing a bell with Shannon.

"Remember we went to that strip club in Orlando? I met a dancer called Celeste. I fell in love with her."