Chapter 15: Negotiations Were Short

Percy's POV:

I believe that is the most important stuff of the last six years, other than Apollo, Artemis, and I only attending the solstice meetings. As Artemis and I were salty about our kids not being recognized on Olympus, and Apollo because he cares about his four nieces and two nephews, so he's a bit salty as well. Oh and Hades and Dionysus completing their quest, though Dionysius ignored it for two years until he remembered how much he missed Ariadne. Also Hades is more of the figurative head of state of the underworld now. Where as Nico now took over the executive functionings because Hades said, he doesn't want to risk being humiliated by a demigod again. So, Nico was made immortal against his will, and He made Will fully immortal by marrying him...now that was a fun wedding.

However, due to that new arrangement, the underworld recognizes existence of mine and Artemis's children, and recognize them as gods and goddesses.

Sorry still in the past I suppose, gotta be in the present now. Artemis and I were having a slow day dealing with the fishes problems because Zoë began complaining about how much some of them were complaining, so she dumps the fish on us, and says she's going to see how other wildlife is. 

The fish were nevertheless disappointed in themselves seeing that they upset their lady, and scared because she dumped them off on her parents. We were hearing out their complaints, most of which we had to respond with because of the ancient laws prohibiting our interference, we can not solve the problems caused by mortals.

After about like 9,682 of those responses Leto comes in and bows to us. She started the bowing thing when she found out it annoyed us. "Mother how many times do I have to tell you, you do not have to bow to us" Artemis exasperated, like she was when she had to deal with the kids when they did exactly the opposite of what she asked of them.

"I know I just like your reaction" Leto said, laughing slightly

"Well what brings you over, mom" Artemis asked

Leto let out a slight scoff like she was offended, "Can a mother not come visit her daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren"

"Mom, your soap operas are on right now, and I know you wouldn't be missing them if it wasn't important" Artemis stated, quite annoyed at her mother's antics, because the kids have their grandmother's antics at times, and at other times my antics.

"Fine you caught me" Leto sighed, looking defeated. " I was wondering if it would be possible for my mother to visit" She asked

"Grandma...but I thought she faded" Artemis said softly in shock

"She...well she was hiding and well, your uncle found her and told me about her continued living" Leto said timidly, to which Artemis seemed to have to think hard, but Leto interrupted her thinking, "your uncle Lelantos, my brother" Leto said, "ring any bells" 

"why was he looking for her" I asked

"he missed his mother, as do you, and as did my children, and as do I. So thus is it wrong for a child who misses their mother to go seek their mother" Leto philosophized, I remained quiet as she's right about it not being wrong.

After a few minutes of silence Leto spoke up, "so can my mom come stay with me for sometime or no" Leto asked

I looked at Artemis, as her grandmother, like the other original titanesses are all peaceful, but I am worried for if this spreads too rapidly or if Koios tags along unexpectedly, as I can get away with harboring peaceful titan's but Koios, will definitely be pushing the limits of that, even if he promises peace with an oath on the styx.

 I let out a sigh coming to my decision, "Leto I will allow this on the condition that it is her and her only for now. I cannot risk anything more than that for now" I answered, knowing that Zeus already has a problem with my kids having received their domains and me harboring Leto, and a whole bunch of other things, like the hunt being my adopted daughters and them being fully immortal now.

Leto took a moment to process what I said, before she jumped and tackled me in a hug, saying that I'm the best son-in-law ever and then she  flashed out, only to return a few seconds later, as a five year old.

"Mommy, mommy, look" Leto said trying to get her mother's attention

"Yes dear" Phoebe asked looking down at Leto, not noticing myself or Artemis yet.

Leto started pointing at us, "look my daughter and son-in-law mommy" Leto said excitedly

Phoebe gave us a head nod of acknowledgement, before turning back to Leto, "What about them"

"They said you can stay with me and come visit me whenever you'd like" Leto said excitedly, which got a confused look from Phoebe, before she started to realize where we were.

"Why are we in Poseidon's domain" Phoebe asked

"It's not Poseidon's anymore, he died in his rebellion" I stated, "So as one of his three surviving kids, the fates appointed me as the ruler of the seas" I finished

"Ohhh, it figure my nephew would do something dumb like that"  Phoebe said, but then she went on to mumble about how it appears to be starting and she should tell Rhea.

I wonder what she was talking about, and so did Artemis apparently, "What's starting grandma" Artemis asked

"One, don't call me grandma it makes me feel old. And two I'm not even sure if I'm right about it yet" Phoebe said

"Ok...grandma-in-law" I said, trying to not laugh as Phoebe gave me a look that said, what did I just tell you two about using the term grandma for me.

"So can I go see where my daughter lives now, as she seems to be overly energized and wants to show me around" Phoebe said, looking for an out.

"Yes, though why she brought you here first I do not know, I assumed she was going to take you directly to her palace" I stated, as Leto dragged Phoebe away.

Once they were out of our palace, I turned to Artemis, "I'll never understand your mother or her random antics" I stated

"I barely understand them" Artemis mumbled, "and I don't even know if my understandings is correct anymore"