Chapter 28: Rhea Advocates

Rhea's POV: 3 Months from last chapter

It's all finally done. I'm so excited to finally have my own place, albeit sharing it with my sisters, and seeing the other titan's homes built, it's beautiful and my people finally have their home. Percy really is building up a city, though, as many of atlantis's old residence, that lived at poseidon's now destroyed palace, started arriving and building up commerce and residential living areas since I've arrived.

During the time here the new arrivals have had a agora made, or for you mortals the closest comparator now would be a farmers market, a flea market, and a retail store that sells practically everything combined into one.

But that's besides the point now that I and my people all have our homes made, and some even having opened a shop in the agora, now brings me and my sister when should I advocate my title of queen of the titans and my bastard husband's title of king of titans. Which I was discussing with my sister since we've finally moved and settled in ourselves after helping the others.

"So if I'm right Percy and Artemis are the rulers of the last age" I stated and my sisters agreed with me, with no objection. 

"Well when should I advocate the thrones in accordance with the prophecy then sis" I asked phoebe as she was the one who know directly what the spirit of delphi said.

"Wasn't really specific and pretty much said whenever you felt that the peaceful titans were adequately cared for and their commitment to that" Phoebe stated

I was about to reply when all the sudden I felt a change in the waters, and heard my grandson yell what. I looked between my sister and we decided that we would see what got him so angry. 

Time skip: Apollo Apollo how I wish he would stop singing...and speaking poetry

We arrived at the doors to my grandson's palace, which were already open and looked in to see a Percy that was radiating so much power that I could tell that my son's combined might even when they were at their prime would not have been enough to subdue Percy now. Yet somehow, my grandaughter, or his wife depending on how one looks at it was settling his physically expressed emotions with just her touch. I was impressed.

"Lord Percy, Lady Artemis" Phoebe said

"grandmother what have we told you about using titles of nobility on us" Artemis stated monotonously

"not the point we came to see what is wrong" Phoebe said ignoring Artemis

Percy simply pointed to a boy in a captain's uniform, a captain of a ship not in the army, if that wasn't clear, and stated, "Give them the letter" 

He walked over to us and also introduced himself formally, "Hello I'm Chris LaRue-Rodriguez, and I'm the official messenger of milord and lady, and the seas" he stated, which got annoyed looks from Percy and Artemis. "Anyways here you go" he stated giving me the letter

"will you please read aloud grandmother" Percy asked, and just now did I notice that his entire council was now present.

"An Official Proclamation by King Zeus." I started, which got an annoyed sigh from all in the room. "It has come to the attention of Olympus that the titans are once again gathering together. They being an enemy to Olympus are deemed a danger and threat to Olympus. Thus by order of me all Titans are to be detained and then brought to Olympus to face prosecution. Those caught harboring the enemies of Olympus will be treated as traitors to Olympus and the Olympian Council. Signed Zeus and Olympian council members Hera, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Athena, Dionysius, and Demeter" I read and just now did I notice that my people heard all of that and were now worried of what is to come of us. 

"Don't worry most of you all are innocent and friendly, or are in the process of completing reparations for your wrongs" Percy said giving a pointed look to Prometheus and Epimetheus while stating the last part which didn't go unnoticed and caused most in the room, myself included, to laugh at the two guilty looking boys. 

"So we won't be arrested" I asked, and Percy and Artemis nodded.

"and we take the risk of being deemed an enemy to Olympus" Clarisse questioned

"Clarisse after years of fighting for Olympus, even though at times I easily saw them as the lesser of two evils, instead of the good power, even you must realize that the vast majority of the titans here are undeserving of any hostilities that Zeus and the signing members of the council hold for them" Percy stated clearly and I'm thinking I made up my mind. " To arrest those who have committed no crimes regardless of other factors is inherently wrong and against what my the seas are standing for" 

Clarisse nodded in understanding, "Why is it always the civilians that get targeted post-war" she mumbled

"Because they are the easy to blame just like the soldiers themselves" Artemis explained, "and I don't intend on spilling any more innocent blood and have came to see, in much part due to Percy, the errors in my previous ways and the potential damage I have done, and am now looking to being a better and more fair role model than what I was"

Many of her former hunters looked up at her as if they couldn't be more proud of her, as did her mother.

"Sisters I think it is time" I stated and they all seemingly agreed

"time for what" Percy, Artemis and Iapetus all asked.

"Well long ago, like before everyone in the room besides the elder titans were born. I was talking to my little prophecy spewing spring, later known as the spirit of delphi, and kinda sorta received a prophecy about a final age of peace and prosperity after you know this current age" Phoebe said

"wait and you didn't tell me" Iapetus stated, kind of being offended. 

"Yes we didn't because you were too loyal to brother at the time" Phoebe stated motioning to my siblings and me. "Anyway long story short My sisters and I have deducted due to the criteria of the prophecy, being the son of Kronos's second son, who took over his father's position, and defeated the eldest son of Kronos, while both sons were in a state of rebellion, that you Percy are the only possible candidate to be the ruler of the final age"

"and thus I Rhea, queen of the titans, and with my husband be unable to protest, hereby now and forever advocate mine and my husband's throne and title to a new line of rulers not only titans, but for all immortals who wish to put an end to the endless and countless wars of our pantheon. All hail Percy, the god of the Sea, Storms, Earthquakes, Horses, Floods, Droughts, Warfare, Generals, Leadership, Swordsmanship, Loyalty, Family, Sass, and Time, and Artemis, Goddess of the Moon, Wilderness, Hunt, Archery, Childbirth, and Abstinence, the new King and Queen of the Titans" I proclaimed, before they could object and a glow surrounded them as Ananke came and gave her approval of the change. But saying that they were still technically gods. 

"Sister what did you do" Iapetus asked

"I did what I knew I would eventually have to before I even married brother, and complied with prophecy, I advocated the throne of titan queen and king to the rulers of the next age as it was foretold of me to do, and I do not have any doubt of their commitment to keep my...their people safe, even when faced with a rough road ahead for the foreseeable future" I defended

"Grandma why though" Percy and Artemis asked

"It's time for change in the pantheon, you two have proven me that you are dedicated to your citizenry and your family. Also who be more more worthy than yourselves to take up the mantle when even when we titans aren't your people, you risk the peace you currently have for the sake of protecting our freedom from wrongful imprisonment, and having seen the proclamation of my son, likely death" I stated challenging them. Many of the titans here seemed to accept that and are realizing what they have done for them, but what happened next surprised me and my sisters.

"Milord, what is it that you command of me" Iapetus said kneeling before Percy.