Chapter 23:

Artemis's POV:

MY HUSBAND IS AN IDIOT AND HE SPREAD IT TO OUR CHILDREN...well not Sally, Silena, little me, and our younger adopted daughters. Anyways he's grounded now so you have me for the foreseeable future. 

After making sure Tethys was ready to leave I gather the children and Tethys and teleported us all to our palace, where low and behold, my mother is waiting and immediately dragged Tethys off to her Palace. 

"I swear mother, I worry about my children when I leave them with you" I mumbled to myself, only to hear Percy chuckle shortly after.

"What about me" he said after he stopped chuckling

"Percy I love you, but I barely trust you with yourself, taking the boys barrel riding down Niagara falls was stupid" I replied

"I made sure we wouldn't die, or get hurt. Did you see the barrels" He asked, and I let out a sigh knowing he was telling the truth. Percy may be many things, especially stupid when he lets his ADHD take hold, but he would never intentionally allow his family to get hurt, especially the kids.

"fine. It's just..." I started, but Percy interrupted 

"The kids are incredibly important to you and you wouldn't be able to live with yourself if they got hurt and there was something you could have done about it" he question, and correctly guessed what I was going to say

"Yeah" I said

"I'll try to be more responsible, if that makes you happy" he replied. I know he was being genuine, but I also know that he's probably still not going to be meeting my expectations I have for him being responsible for a while. Change takes time, especially when immortals are involved. Which makes me question if my father changed from his old ways and reverted or if he was putting up an act, since an alliance with Percy was the smart thing to do, especially with how godly politics were going post second giant war. Maybe he was genuine with his change, but the whole me marrying Percy thing was an unexpected twist in his plans.

"Thank you, just knowing you're trying is enough for me" I stated, "but we should really go check on Tethys and my mother" I added, and he agreed as we left our palace.

When we arrived at my mother's palace, we walked in on mother claiming how Percy and I were her favorite kids, and Apollo pouting at the news. However the surprising thing was that Theia was there, as was Lelantos.

"Well I wasn't expecting you to be that quick Lelantos" Percy said

"I found her in Vegas in between casinos, after that bribery was easy" He responded, and well Uncle is probably going to be grounded for life.

"YOU DID WHAT" grandmother yelled at him

"nothing" Lelantos said quickly, which got the kids laughing as they walked in. 

"seriously great uncle lelantos that excuse never works" Lucas said as he was the first to stop laughing.

"mom I'm sorry" Lelantos amended quickly

"sorry for what lying to me or bribing your aunt" Phoebe asked, in a scolding manner

"is both an option" Lelantos said

"finally he proves he has at least a brain cell" The kids say, which cause all of us to laugh at my uncles expense, even Apollo. 

"yes it's an option" grandmother said through her laughter.

"then I guess for lying to you" Lelantos said, which just doubled the laughter amongst the kids, and caused grandmother to look at her son like she was going to kill him.