Chapter 26:

Rhea's POV: A couple days after the housing situation was solved

It's been so many years since I've been actively involved in the affairs of the immortal world, and even more since the prophecy about the final age was discussed amongst my sisters. So long that I was beginning to question if the prophecy was even true, or if my sons in the endless killing of each other's children would even allow the prophecy unbeknownst to them to be completed.

But here I am living in my eldest daughter's palace, in the kingdom of my grandson and granddaughter, with my people all in temporary housing, as construction is ongoing for their housing and the palace my sisters and I are having built, though we are starting to wish for it's completion as we are growing tired over Hestia and Leto fighting for our attention.

Don't get me wrong I love my eldest child, more than her siblings and anything else really, but I just sorta hoped that she would be more mature at this stage in life. 'come on Rhea be happy she hasn't seen you in over two millennia' inner me said. 'yeah but...ok I don't have a counter' I replied to inner me.

"mommy I made breakfast today" Hestia said jumping on my bed waking me up. I guess I might have overlooked telling you that I was at her palace yesterday and for today, at least until Leto tries to titannap me again and succeeds.

"Ok I'm up, what did you make today sweetie" I asked, seeing that she wasn't covered in any ingredients leading me to believe Leto hasn't came to try and titannap me yet.

"I made a pancake recipe that I learnt from a very nice woman like...I don't know...maybe fourteen to sixteen years ago. They are really good you must have some mommy" she said dragging me out of bed. 

I followed her, only slightly missing the warm embrace of the bed, and when I saw the pancakes I only had one question "Why are they blue"

"Oh well her husband or ex-husband, I forget which it was, said blue food didn't exist, which upset her son, the mean man's step-son, so she started making all food that she could blue, just to make her son happy and to spite the meanie" she explained

"hmmm strong woman" I said, "and a good mother"

"She really was, it's a shame you didn't meet her. The demigods equated her to you, just because how accepting she is of them, and because she actually cares about them unlike most mortal parents of demigods" Hestia explained with a mouthful of pancakes.

"Honey I'm pretty sure we went over this but it isn't nice to speak with your mouth full" I said

"sorry mommy" she said with her head down

"It's ok, however, I would like to meet this woman, where is she" I asked, and all the sudden Hestia started crying, which she rarely does at random, so I was honestly concerned, as I went to comfort her.

After Hestia crying for a couple of hours she started to just sniffle and cuddle more tightly into me. "Honey what's wrong was it something I said" I asked, because if it was, I don't know how I would ever apologize to her.

"N...No ma...mommy" Hestia sniffled into my bosom, "it wasn't you" she cried

"Then what was it, dear" I asked softly, feeling slightly better because it wasn't me who caused this. 

"I...I...I miss the nice woman" she cried, and I began to think what's keeping her from her.

"Why don't you go visit her" I asked, which only got another round of heavy crying from Hestia and me to concluded that the nice lady is no longer amongst the living.

Time skip: it took Rhea a few hours of saying sweet nothings to Hestia again to calm her down

"Do you wanna talk about it" I asked my daughter, after she finally calmed down