Investigation and Capture

Yay! I just figured out the rest of my plot.. based on the title! ;D Things are going to get more alarming, so hold onto your seats (and get ready to put on your fangirl modes, just in case!). 

---

Bella flung down the note, a terrified, wild expression on her face. Tanya came up to her. "What's up, Bella?" she asked. When she saw the note, her eyes narrowed. "You mean that skunk bean could be here?"

Bella bit her lip. "Probably." She turned to look at the mass destruction of the tsunami. "I don't get how he could possibly do this. I mean, I know he always leaves a note after he's destroyed something. It's his way of marking his 'territory'." 

"Maybe he did it with one of his crazy machines?" Tanya supplied helpfully. Bella nodded. "Possibly.. but it seems a little far-fetched that a machine so powerful could cause mass destruction." she replied.

Suddenly, the ground began shaking. Zoe, who had been treating Bruce, shrieked loudly, "Earthquake!" And an earthquake it was. It grew so violent that they had to grab onto something.

Eventually, it stopped shaking. "Well, that was.. weird," Bella frowned. She then noticed a thick fog was gathering. "Okay, what's going on? Show yourself, Wilbert!" the beagle angrily demanded.

There was no answer. Bella suddenly realized she was alone as she stared around her. The fog had covered her friends, and she couldn't hear anyone or anything but herself. She felt a little afraid. "Tanya? Zoe?"

Then, darkness all over.

---

When Bella came to, her blurry vision told her that she was in a new place. Trying to gather her surroundings, she noticed it was still dark. She was in a sack. "Great," she mumbled in annoyance. Hopefully, she wasn't kidnapped by Wilbert. If she was.. she was definitely screwed for life.

The thudding stopped. Bella inhaled deeply, trying to smell the current area she was in. She didn't pick up much, but she immediately noticed the trace of Wilbert's scent. The beagle grew slightly afraid, but she was determined not to show it.

"Wilbert," said a smooth, creamy voice. Bella frowned. She didn't recognize this voice. "I've come with the beagle."

A grouchy voice followed. That was Wilbert. "I told you not to call me Wilbert! I told you to call me 'boss'!" he angrily snapped.

"What are you, a manager of something?"

"SILENCE!" Wilbert roared angrily. Bella listened closely to the conversation. Did they forget about her? She knew that although Wilbert was extremely clever with his latest insane inventions, she also knew that he wasn't very intelligent and very absent-minded.

"Geez, alright." The mysterious female said sounding annoyed. "I'm going to put her in the cage." Immediately, Bella closed her eyes. She didn't want them to know that she had been eavesdropping.

The sack was thrown across the floor and Bella jostled around in it. It was then ripped open, and a smiling arctic fox stood in front of her. Wilbert then came up to Bella, slamming the cage shut and locking it. "We meet again, lassie." he grinned, smiling all over with his yellow teeth. "I know you're awake."

Bella opened her eyes. She couldn't resist mocking him. "Since when was the last time you brushed your teeth?" she teased. Wilbert screamed with rage. "Silence, you insolent brat! I'll get Whiteout to kill you if you don't shut up!"

Bella was intrigued by the name, but she was a little puzzled - wasn't Wilbert independant? "I thought you liked being single," she said in a mocking voice. Then she sighed. "Look. What do you want me here for? I'm nothing of importance. Why do you want me?!"

Whiteout smirked as Wilbert explained, "Ah, yes! That just comes with my latest awesome plan!" Wilbert smiled. "You see, I don't really have enough money to keep buying parts for my latest machine, The Storm Maker 3000. So I'm going to give you back to your precious family if they give me ten million dollars."

"You're insane!" Bella blurted. "My family doesn't have that much money, anyway!"

Wilbert leaned close to her face. "If they can't afford it.. I may as well kill you."

 ---

Oh em gee. Once again, Wilbert is being a pastard-spelled with a B! Will Tanya and Zoe find her in time and rescue her? Only time will tell.

Plus, I know I'm a fast typer x)