Explosion

WOW, OH MY GOSH, JUST BEFORE I BEGIN THIS STORY, I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I now have 100 comments on this story! I know it might not seem too big, but, WOW! Thank you all so much again!

And because I had so much fun writing this story, I will most definitely be writing a sequel! Probably about the Kwanya ship, the Octonauts meeting Bella's uncle, or something like that. Ideas would also be greatly recommended!

—-

Bella stared at the book in her paws. She was supposed to be reading the guide to learn how to drive the Octopod, but at the moment she just couldn't concentrate.

Why?

She didn't know. She was a very attentive young beagle, so it was a complete mystery. Was it some sort of restless energy inside her?

Suddenly it hit her like a slap in the face. She gasped.

"I'm in love with Captain Barnacles!"

—-

Bella thoughtfully trudged down the ladder, and into the Launch Bay, where Tweak was working inside the engine room. When she saw her, she gave a friendly wave and came over.

"Hey, Tweak," Bella said happily. Suddenly, she had an idea. "Tweak, can I ask for your advice?"

Tweak grinned. "Sure, Bella. What's up?"

Bella took a deep breath. "Okay, I have a crush on Barna- Captain Barnacles," she corrected herself hastily. "And I'm not sure how to go about it."

Tweak smiled. "You know, I used to be in a relationship with him." This made the beagle curious. Used to be? "Are you still going to help me?" she asked in a quieter tone.

She laughed. "Of course! You know, I personally think you two are great for each other. You're both responsible, both caring, both stubborn.."

"I get it, I get it." she interrupted hastily, laughing a bit. Tweak chuckled, then faltered a bit. Bella narrowed her eyes slightly. Was it her imagination, or did she see a slight scar on her left cheek? "Tweak, what is that?" she asked, pointing to the scar.

Tweak froze up. "Oh, uh, i-it's a scar from Wilbert.." She mumbled hastily. Bella frowned. She knew Tweak was lying, but why? She decided to change the subject, even if it did mean sacrificing the first reason she came down.

"Why don't we tinker together for a bit?" she suggested, even though she had absolute no knowledge of anything to do with technology.

Tweak grinned. "Sure." Tweak gestured for Bella to follow, and they both went inside the engine cab.

Bella looked around, until she noticed a large-ish, flat and black piece. It was connected to the engine, and a small timer was on it. "Tweak, what's this?"

The mint green bunny froze up in horror. "It's a bomb."

—-

"Everyone, evacuate the Octopod immediately! It's about to explode! This is not a drill!" Tweak's shrill, panicked voice rang throughout all the radio screens on the pods.

They did as they were told, grabbing their most prized posessions as they went. "Hurry!" screamed Tweak. "We only have 2 minutes left!"

Everyone quickly left the Octopod. Tweak turned to the flat bomb piece, opening it and fiddling with its wires. She knew that this idea was crazy, life-threatening even, but she was determined to save the only home they had in the ocean.

She looked at the item in her paws. She could pull out the red wires, the blue wires, the yellow ones, the black ones - but she could blow herself up, she warned. Her eyes went wide as she read the timer. There was no time left, so she left the Octopod, quickly, to join the rest.

As their beloved home exploded, Tweak looked around, counting them all. She then stiffened. "Where's Bella?"

—-

OH NO! THE OCTOPOD EXPLODED! But.. Where is Bella? And who put the bomb in the engine cab? Why was it so powerful? The final chapters are coming up, so get ready for an epic battle!