2.9 - Emilie's Fashion Show

Words: 1174
Summary: What people have been waiting years for...Emilie's Fashion House rebrand and fashion show!
Author's Note: Ahhh I really love this one. It's very description-heavy because I wanted to focus on what went on in their heads. Next chapter is the last one and I'm so excited but I can't believe it's coming to an official end ahhh

---

Marinette held a clipboard in her hand as she walked around the venue approving many different things. She was checking reserved seats, different types of lighting, and making sure all the pieces of the new Emilie's collections were all together and organized backstage. Sooner than later, models would arrive to get their outfits and hair and makeup, and there was still much to prep for.

Adrien would be heading to the venue soon; he had some last-minute things to take care of at the office. He had to approve final designs of displays that would be in stores and approve how tags would look on clothing. Usually, he would have the tags ready weeks ago, but he had a few concerns that needed to be changed, which caused the tags to come back late from design. Though he knew these approvals were a bit late, he wasn't planning on them being this late, and now he wanted to get them done before the show.

As Marinette was running around, people were starting to arrive. Alya showed up and surprised Marinette with a big hug, and Marinette was relieved to see her. Alya was writing a report on it, so long as she could be unbiased, which she promised. Nino showed with Alya, since he was going to be running the music for them.

Alya was also helping record the show. Though there were cameras set up around the venue to capture different angles, Alya wanted to record something more vlog-type for Marinette to use on her YouTube channel. Since this is her first official led fashion show, Alya knew it was important to both Marinette and her fans. 

Time flew as Marinette went from person to person, preparing for everything. She checked on different models, said hi to Adrien, made sure everyone found their seat okay, realized Adrien actually made it to the venue, and even said hello to the camera for a quick second. Finally, as the lights went down and Marinette stood watching from backstage as Adrien introduced the show, she finally allowed herself to take a minute to breathe. 

"Thank you all for coming!" Adrien said into the microphone as the attendees applauded. She knew she would have to caption the French on her video, but that was the least of her worries right now. "We are so excited to share with you the new age of our fashion company. We are no longer Gabriel, no longer Agreste Fashion; we are Emilie's!" Adrien said, his excitement showing clear. "And tonight, I welcome you to take in the beauty of our new collections. Headed by Marinette Dupain-Cheng, many new items and some old redesigned to fit our new mission. Enjoy the show!"

As Adrien walked back up the runway, the first model headed out. Marinette was watching carefully from the wings to make sure everything was running smoothly. The woman in charge of the timing was helping models out of the wings, and as models came back, they were getting changed into their next outfit. 

It's been years of waiting for this moment. So many things led to this: Adrien graduating, Marinette joining and working her way up, the rebrand, making new things completely from scratch. But seeing all the hard work walking the runway made it all worth it, and it would be even more worth it when these items will be in stores. Different styles, budgets, collections: there was something for everyone from these new collections for the new fashion house. They wanted to make sure they covered as much as they could, and it was paying off now.

---

"You know I will be the first one to buy one of those jumpsuits. It would work perfectly in my office," Chloé told Marinette after the show. "And thank you for taking my suggestion of some yellow. It will be amazing! Let me know if you need someone to model it for a magazine," She winked.

Marinette chuckled. "You know, that might be a good idea down the line! We already have one booked for the new line, but when we need some more celebrity placement, you'll be the first person I call," Marinette said.

Chloé shook her head. "Good. Like you need celebrity placement, though."

"It's my excuse to get you in one of our books, so let's just go with it," Marinette joked.

A few people came up to congratulate Marinette and Adrien after the show and complimented their hard work. Other fashion house leaders were excited for them, even if they are meant to be competitors. It's no secret Adrien and Marinette have worked for this for years, and it seemed most people were happy to see it finally come true.

Jagged Stone and Penny were very loud with their excitement (mostly Jagged, though) as they were ready to support every piece from every collection. Many of Marinette's friends from her teenage years and University years also attended the show, as they have always supported her, and they also stopped by to give her a hug and a big smile. Adrien had the same friends from his teenage years, less from University, but he was just happy watching Marinette with the biggest smile he's seen from her in years.

In the back of his mind, Adrien wondered if his dad was able to watch the live stream of the show. He knew his dad would not like what they were doing with the company, changing it all, but Adrien wished his father could see how great he was doing. He was happy, in love, and running the company in honor of his mother. 

Gabriel did see it, after requesting to watch the live stream, and it was granted. He mainly watched it to see if the kids would fail, and he wasn't sure if he should have been happy or mad that they didn't. He didn't like what Adrien was doing with the rebrand, but he was aware it could have been worse. Every day he was behind bars, he thought about all the other ways his plan could have and should have gone, and how he would have done it if he got the chance over again. What hurt most was that he knew Adrien didn't care; it had been years since he had come to visit Gabriel. One day he'd get his chance to change things, but he didn't have a plan for that yet. 

Once they got cleaned up, it was very late, and Marinette and Adrien both went home with smiles still on their faces. The live stream was saved, and Marinette was excited to edit together all the other angles for an official video. The show was trending online, and all the comments talked about how many years they have been waiting for this, and that Marinette and Adrien deserve it all.

And soon enough, all the collections would be in stores, and the clothing would be worn by all ages and all around the world. The two went to bed the happiest they have ever been, and they couldn't wait for the coming weeks.