43 - The Agreste Gala

Words: 1900
Summary: Today is the day of the Agreste Gala. Adrien and Marinette are excited, but a bit nervous. They have to seamlessly enact a plan that will prove Gabriel Agreste innocent or guilty- how will it all turn out?
Author's Note: It's here!! The chapter we've ALL been waiting for!! The gala!! Sorry for the extra-long wait- I was perfecting the chapter ;) There's aboutta be some intense shiz. 

---

With the new Jagged Stone album playing in the limo, Adrien and Marinette were nervous for the night. Gorilla picked them up from the bakery after they were ready and was just as excited to hear Jagged's new music. They sang along to a few songs,, and Marinette told Adrien about the conversation with Jagged she had earlier. The podcast and video were to come out at midnight, so at least she had a few hours before her fanbase went even crazier.

Marinette debated vlogging the Gala, but she eventually decided against it. She was extremely nervous, for more reasons than one, and didn't want to distract herself with a camera. She was also afraid she would scare off others by recording the whole thing. Besides, there would be press there; there were bound to be videos and pictures of the entire night.

Arriving at the Agreste Mansion, the world's new favorite couple was met with dozens of cameras and a red carpet to walk. Adrien got out of the limo first, in his Gabriel brand tuxedo with a green tie, holding his hand out for Marinette. Her hair was pulled up into a bun with curls on the side, styled by Alya, and makeup help from Chloé. Some people had already seen her dress from the videos and pictures online, but it was stunning in person.

The ball gown style dress reached all the way down to her feet, sparkling light pink with flower and lace accents ombre-ing from the bottom up. The lace and flowers became more sparse as the dress continued up into the top, which was only the sparkle light pink fabric with a sweetheart neckline. She wore a silver necklace and bracelet from the Gabriel accessories line to compliment the dress. Marinette had a small purse, matching her accessories and also from Gabriel, which held Tikki inside easily.

"Adrien Agreste!" The press called as they walked down the red carpet, stopping to pose for photos. "Marinette, look here!"

Marinette had never attended an event like this. Sure, she's been to a few fashion shows, and award shows for Jagged Stone, but she never got to walk the red carpet. Adrien was used to it, and comfortable, which helped Marinette be comfortable, too. She was able to play off him, and posing together made everything easier, and calm the nerves.

"Give us a kiss!" One shouted as flashes continued to go off. Adrien looked to Marinette with a small smile, and she nodded. They leaned in for a quick kiss, but long enough for pictures to be taken. As they continued their way down the rest carpet, they had a blast posing for different photographers and slightly bantering with each other, then finally got to walk inside the mansion.

"That was fun," Marinette said only loud enough so Adrien could hear it.

Adrien nodded. "Trust me; it's a lot more fun when you have someone with you. That was the most fun I've ever had on a red carpet."

"Really?" Marinette asked.

"Oh, one-hundred percent. And that's good, because it could easily be our last one for a while, too," He sighed. "Let's do some mingling; then we can head upstairs."

Marinette nodded, and they turned to get into the crowd. Before they could get far, though, they were stopped. "Adrien," Gabriel Agreste looked at the two of them. "And Miss Dupain-Cheng. I do hope you'll enjoy yourselves tonight."

"I'm sure we will!" Marinette replied, trying to act like everything was normal. "Thanks for letting Adrien bring a plus-one, I'm super excited."

"Of course," He said with no emotion. "I'll see you both later."