35 - Mario Kart Rematch

Words: 1424
Chapter Summary: Time for a live stream! After a little Mario Kart game, Adrien heads back to the mansion for a quick visit and Alya gives Marinette a pep talk. Adrien hears something that sounds strange, and rushes back to the bakery. But what did he hear?
Author's Note: Sorry for the late post! It's my birthday weekend and I was busy celebrating with family all weekend- but it's here now! I think the end of this chapter is one of my favorite's, it was a lot of fun! So much to come in the next few chapters >:)

---

Saturday

Marinette and Adrien were exhausted from two Akumas two days in a row. Usually, there's a break in between, but Hawkmoth is not holding back any longer. They were going to take the chance to relax on Saturday morning.

By playing their favorite past time, Mario Kart. And decided to live stream it for the fans.

Marinette got all the equipment set up, and everything was ready to go before Adrien could even blink. She counted down, and went live on YouTube. "Hi!" She started. "I'm Marinette, and of course, you all know Adrien. Today, we're doing something a little different, as you can tell: we're playing video games!" Marinette started.

"I've posted only a few videos of video games, and I think it was only Mecha Strike III, which we love," She said. "But recently, Adrien and I have been obsessed with Mario Kart. Plus, we get a little too intense to stream Mecha Strike. I'm not sure I want to risk that live," She chuckled.

"So, Mario Kart it is!" Adrien said. "I was awful, but I'm working on it to get better. The other day I beat Mari at Rainbow Road," He said, proud.

Marinette rolled her eyes. "You cheated by inviting me to that gala."

"I think that's your fault you got distracted," Adrien shrugged. "What are we starting with?"

Marinette scrolled through the choices. "Maybe we should start with a circuit. To get warmed up."

"I'm fired up!" Adrien said. "Let's do the track where you can do all the jump boosts. That one's fun," Adrien suggested, and Marinette agreed. Playing video games on a live stream was different for them, but they had a great time, and the fans love hearing their banter. As they continued getting into harder courses, the tone was becoming less conversational, and there was a lot more yelling at each other.

And Marinette beat his ass at Rainbow Road.

---

Marinette was sketching outfits with a camera overhead so she could get the shots for a video. Since it was going to be a voice-over, she was on the phone with Alya while she worked.

"You guys still haven't talked?" Alya asked.

"Not yet. I tried to last night, but the Akuma cut us off," Marinette sighed. "He went back to the mansion to grab some things, but I don't know if it's the right time to talk."

Alya groaned. "It is one-hundred percent the right time to talk. If you don't talk about it, it's going to get awkward between you guys."

Marinette sighed and set down her pencil to let her hands rest. "I'm afraid it was a spur of the moment thing, and he doesn't actually like me."

"Girl," Alya started. "He sleeps at your house every night."

"You and I have sleepovers and don't have to talk about it," Marinette reminded her. "Besides, it's also because his father and Nathalie are crazy about Chat Noir, and we sleep a lot better in each other's company," She explained.

"And you don't think that means anything?" Alya nearly yelled. "Marinette, you have to talk to him as soon as possible. I'm serious. You guys kissed on a rooftop. Someone is bound to find it soon, and we don't want a repeat of when Dark Cupid caused you guys to kiss, and they sprung it out of nowhere, and you guys didn't know how to react," Alya reasoned. "Just...please talk about it. You know I just want to look out for you."