40 - NewlyCoupled Game

Words: 2097
Chapter Summary: With an Akuma on the loose, Chat Noir is not with the team and needs to be there, so Ladybug must find him. Later, they record an "official" video for their new announcement.
Author's Note: I loved this chapter. Also, Ladrien!! Just a little, but it's there :) We're almost to the gala and I'm HYPE

---

7 days until the gala

The Akuma hadn't even broken anything yet. They were just chasing it across the city, keeping distance, and following. Typically, they liked to show off their powers and be as loud as they can. But this one was different, just flying throughout the sky and leading them through Paris.

Ladybug, Rena Rouge, Carapace, and Queen Bee were following and have been for ten minutes now. They jumped on rooftops to follow the Akuma, and they aren't even sure if the Akuma knew they were following- or if they cared.

"Anyone see Chat?" Ladybug asked.

The other three didn't respond. "I thought he would be with you," Queen Bee replied.

Ladybug shook their head as they continued running and talking. "Not today, he had a mandatory photoshoot that he had to agree to. His photographer must not be letting him leave," Ladybug sighed and stopped running. "Since the Akuma hasn't done anything, you guys good with just following for now? I know where his photoshoot is, and I can grab him. Nowadays, we can't finish the job without a cataclysm."

"We should be okay," Rena Rouge told her. "The Akuma hasn't even done anything. It will give us time to figure it out, and you can go save your prince."

"Besides, if we get in any trouble, I've got my shell-ter!" Carapace winked.

"Okay, sounds good. I'll call when I'm on my way back," Ladybug said and yo-yoed back to where they came from. There were two places that Adrien would be, as they had two different settings for the shoot today. It was between a park and a studio, and Marinette was really hoping they would be at the park- it would be so much easier to snatch Adrien out of there.

She was right, and she got lucky that they were at the park for this part of the shoot. As Ladybug got closer, she could hear the photographer yelling at Adrien. "The Akuma is north of us, so north that they won't turn back here! We have to finish the photoshoot! Your father will be furious if you don't let us do our job."

"I'm sorry, Monsieur," Adrien sighed. "But I don't care how far away from us they are. I have to go help my team, or the Akuma will come back and ruin the whole photoshoot anyway!"

"No, no," The photographer fought back. "There are four other heroes that can take care of it. We must finish this photoshoot."

Adrien groaned loudly as the photographer kept arguing. "They need me. I have to go."

"Let me call Mr. Agreste to confirm your absence," The photographer said and went to grab his phone.

Just as the photographer turned his attention away, Ladybug swept in with a big smirk. She put her arm around Adrien and started swinging her yo-yo. "Sorry to steal your model, but we need him!" She called out and threw the yo-yo to get away.

"No!" The photographer yelled. "He can't leave!"

"It's for the safety of Paris!" Ladybug yelled back just as she was getting out of sight. "How's the photoshoot go?" She smiled at Adrien.

He shook his head with a small laugh. "I don't miss it as much as people think."

"I, for one, hate it. I'm stuck in his bag, starving!" Plagg complained loudly.