24 - Going Back To School

Words: 1715

Chapter Summary: Marinette and Adrien are going back to school right after their secrets went viral. The video will go out after their school day, and Marinette isn't quite sure how today will go. Well, there's only one way to find out.

Author's Note: Marinette is a ball of anxiety and it is way too relatable.

---

She just had to make it through one day. One day at school, then it's the weekend. Her Ladybug questions video is set to be posted right as school lets out so her friends could watch it, as she had no intention to talk to anyone today.

Marinette set her bag down and walked up to Mrs. Bustier's desk. "Hi, sorry I wasn't here yesterday. What did I miss? I couldn't find anything on the class website," Marinette said, quieter than usual.

Mrs. Bustier offered a warm smile. "Don't worry about it, Marinette. It was a simple assignment that we did in class, and we didn't have any homework. You and Adrien will be excused from the assignment," She told Marinette. "How are you doing?"

Marinette shrugged. "I'm dealing with it," She said. "Lots to process, and my online presence makes it harder, but Adrien and I made a video to post about it all," She explained quickly.

"That's good. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm a good listener," Mrs. Bustier offered, and Marinette nodded before heading back to her seat.

"Hey, girl," Alya greeted. "How are you holding up?"

Marinette didn't reply, only shrugged. Before Alya could say anything else, Adrien walked in. There were whispers as he walked past his desk and to Marinette, as she was sure there would be all day. "I saw your text. There's no need to worry today, everyone here is our friends. Don't worry about all the stuff online; it will calm down once the video goes out. We just have to make it through one day, and then we have the whole weekend!" Adrien reminded her, smiling at Alya, who watched closely.

"He's right," Alya added. "Just one day. And besides, they know now that if they mess with you, you'll throw them across Paris."

"And trust me, no one wants that," Adrien laughed as he rubbed his lower back.

"You're right, thanks, guys," Marinette nodded and got things out of her bag. "Just have to make it through the day," She sighed.

Every one of Marinette's teachers talked to her before or after class, trying to make sense of everything and letting her know that if she needed help in school not to hesitate to ask. She appreciated it, but it also felt weird that this was happening just because she was revealed as Ladybug. No matter how hard she tried, she could not shake the idea out of her head that her being revealed only put everyone around her in danger.

In science, a student brought a note to the teacher. Of course, it was a note for Marinette to go to Mr. Damocles's office. She should have seen this coming, but she was so focused on not attracting too much attention to her, that she didn't even think about the principal. As students murmured when she gathered her things, she tried her best to ignore it.

"Will you all be quiet about this?" Alya groaned. She sat at the opposite end of the room from Marinette, and frankly, she was tired of this. "We all know what happened, so be quiet. Watch Marinette's video that's coming out right after school and leave her alone," Alya said. Normally, the teacher would say something to her about how she addressed everyone, but she let it slide this time.

Marinette smiled weakly at Alya as she exited the room and started down the hallway.

"No, we are trying to keep the attention off of us," Marinette heard Adrien say as she approached the office. "Marinette and I made a video. One video is all she wants to do addressing this. We are not doing anytime more. Even if we did, Marinette and I would want to have control over it. We're not going to have our words twisted or put anyone in any more danger," Adrien argued.