12 - Anti-Akuma

Words: 1942
Chapter Summary: Marinette has a skype meeting with Jagged Stone to get some designs approved so he can release his first single. Right after, a jealous Akuma is coming after Marinette.
Author's Note: WE ARE BACK!!! It's been a few weeks since I've updated because I got really busy with vacation and moving for college, but here we are! This chapter was one of my favorite ones to write so I really hope it is enjoyed. I'm still struggling for when to make the climax happen...but I know when it does y'all are gonna love it >:)

---

"They're just sketches, but I wanted your approval before I continued," Marinette said as she sat in front of her computer, on a video call with Jagged Stone.

Jagged scoffed. "Marinette, I'm sure they're perfect! But sure, I'll take a look at them."

Marinette grabbed her sketches and showed the first one to the camera. Since there are thirteen songs on his album, she needs thirteen designs. However, she only has six so far. As she started to explain them, she told him where the inspiration from each song came from, and Jagged was enamored at each sketch.

"Marinette, they look great! I can really see how much work you're putting into it, and you have no idea how much I love that. What's your favorite one?" He asked.

She flipped through the sketches as she thought about which song meant the most to her. She landed on the picture of Jagged kneeling with an ice cream in his hand, and dropped ice cream on the ground next to him. He was giving a little girl new ice cream, and looked excited. "Probably this one, it's a coming of age story and how someone picks themselves back up. I really related to it, and had the most inspiration for it. It was like the force picking the person back up needed a little push, and can do great things," Marinette said as she showed the picture to Jagged again.

"I can see you've spent a lot of time on that one, truly amazing. Maybe I should release that one as the first single, with your art accompanying it, people would go wild!" Jagged considered.

"Are...are you sure? It's one that's so sincere, I was sure one of your more dance-like ones would be released first," Marinette commented.

Jagged shook his head. "No, I think this song would be perfect to go out first. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to it like you, since it's kind of coming of age and getting back on your feet. It's a little different sound than what I usually make, but I think the young people would really enjoy it," Jagged talked himself through this idea. "Yes, perfect. Finish that piece first, and then we'll release it as soon as we can!" Jagged smiled widely. "I've gotta run, but keeping rocking the art, Marinette. I'll talk to you later!"

"Bye!" Marinette said as the call ended and slumped back in her chair. "What?" She whispered as she looked at the sketch. "I guess this is the one I have to finish first," She chuckled to herself.

"That's the one I liked, too. So I'm glad Jagged liked it," Tikki added when she flew out from behind the computer. "Since it sounds so much like you already."

With a nod, Marinette picked up her phone to call Alya back. Of course, Alya called while she was talking to Jagged, and she was probably angry she was ignored. "Hey Alya, sorry I missed your call. I know we were going to study today, but I just got off a call with Jagged and-"

"There's an Akuma headed towards your house!" Alya screamed as she was running. "You weren't picking up my calls, so I was just going to come to your house! Are you okay?" She asked, panting.

"An Akuma coming to my house?" Marinette looked out her window. "Why?"

"Rouge fan gone mad, I guess. Thinks you're taking Adrien all for yourself. I don't even know this girl!" Alya shouted over all the noise. "Do you want me to come to you?"