21 - Look Back At The Live Stream

Words: 2034
Chapter Summary: After talking with Alya and Nino, Marinette heads home to face her parents. She thinks about what she's going to have to do in the next few days, and realizes that she never turned off her Instagram when the Akuma struck. Adrien decides to leave the house.
Author's Note: WOW the response I got from the last chapter was AMAZING! I wrote that reveal right after I came up with this headcanon and I'm glad people liked it (even tho a few want to fight mari) But...without further ado, let the adventures ensue! 

---

Alya knocked on the door to Marinette's home, and her parents answered within seconds. "Marinette!" Her mom gasped and pulled her into a tight hug. "Are you okay?"

Marinette thought she was going to be okay when talking to her parents, but feeling her mom and dad's arms wrap around her like they thought they lost her, Marinette lost it and began to bawl again. "I'll see you later, Marinette. Let me know if you need to talk," Alya told her calmly, and turned to walk away from the house.

Marinette cried in her parent's arms. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys," Marinette told them.

Her mother pulled away slowly as they dropped the group hug. "Marinette, we aren't mad at you, if that's what you're worried about," She chuckled. "If anything, we are beyond proud of you for all that you do."

"Of course, we are scared out of our minds knowing this is what you do in your free time, but you seem to know what you're doing," Her father comforted. "And you seem to have a good partner."

Marinette smiled lightly. "Yeah, we work well together."

"Have you seen him since then?" Sabine interjected. "I want to make sure he's doing well, too," She said.

Marinette shook her head. "I...I ran off after it happened. We didn't know each other's identities, and it came as a bit of a shock. Nino's looking for him right now," Marinette summarized. "Can...can I take tomorrow off school? I need to think through everything, and I don't think I can handle all the questions from people at school. Or from the world, for the matter," Marinette pulled out her phone, and she shut her eyes tight. "I'm going to have to make a video about this."

"You don't have to," Tom told her. "It's your business. You don't have to share anything with anyone about this."

"That's true," Marinette nodded. "But I'm afraid if I don't, people will just keep asking questions."

Her parents listened to her talk herself through it, but Sabine did cut her off after a few minutes went by. "I'll call you out of school tomorrow, but you need to get some sleep. You've had a long, emotional day," Sabine said. The three hugged once more before all saying goodnight, and Marinette headed up to her room.

Marinette saw her room, back to normal, and everything in place as she left it. She grabbed her phone to see the low battery sign- and the live stream still on and looking at her puffy red eyes. Marinette gasped and quickly shut off the live stream before anyone could say anything about how she looked. Had it really been on all night? And though her mind was saying not to look back at the comments after she ran out, she did anyway.

She skipped the video until she saw the chaos begin when the Akuma ran off with her roof. For people outside of Paris, it must have been crazy and nervewracking for them to see something like this. That was the main reason Marinette read the comments; she wanted to see what her fans were saying before her fans found out about her identity.

did...did something just take off with her roof?

WHATTHEUFCK WAS THAT THING OH MY GOD