19 - Disastrous Live Stream

Words: 2149
Chapter Summary: Adrien knows how to sneak around without his father figuring out,  and helps Alya and Marinette out with something. This leads to stories, and the fans get a little crazy. What could make this day even better?
Author's Note: this one's a little longer! Lots to fit into this part before the chapter >:) I love writing this story sm

---

Only a few days after the experience at the Agreste Mansion, Adrien finished a photoshoot early and managed to convince Gorilla to take him to Marinette's house. Gorilla, though he wouldn't admit it, was an enabler and loved to see Adrien having friends his own age and enjoying his extra time. It was a nice change from having Adrien cooped up in the mansion all day. Gabriel would never blame Gorilla either, if he ever found out.

Nathalie knew about his "extra free time" but pretended she had no clue what was going on with Adrien. She also enjoyed that Adrien had friends, and he was having fun outside of work and his clubs. Gabriel barely noticed anyway, and Adrien could usually pass an extra hour or two as his activity for the day running over.

Marinette, Alya, and Adrien were sitting on the floor in Marinette's bedroom, watching the uncut footage from Adrien's MTV Cribs joke video. Of course, Marinette did cut out the end, in case anyone were to find it. She was going to respect Adrien's and Gabriel's privacy and get rid of what they told her to. Though, she did keep the rest of the video on a hidden USB drive, in case she needed blackmail for anything. 

"Oh, you cut out the end already?" Adrien asked when the video ended.

"Just wanted to be safe," Marinette shrugged.

Alya raised an eyebrow. "What happened that you cut out?"

"His dad essentially threw me out," She said. "He didn't like that we were running around his house with a camera."

Alya's jaw dropped as she held back her laughs. "And I thought he liked you!"

"Not anymore," Marinette giggled.

Cutting off the conversation, Alya's phone alarm went off. "Oh my gosh! I completely forgot!" Alya gasped. "We posted that you would be doing an Instagram Live at four o'clock today!"

Marinette looked confused, but then she gasped as well once she remembered. "We did, didn't we? I don't even have anything prepared to talk about!"

"Don't fret, girl. I have emergency interview questions stored in my phone, and in my head. Give me your phone, and we'll pull this off," Alya calmed Marinette and took her phone. Alya hooked the phone up to the computer so Marinette could see the comments and see herself, and in only a few minutes, they would start the live stream. "Adrien, do you want to be in it, too? People always love it when you're doing things with us."

Adrien checked his phone for the time. He still had over an hour before he needed to be home, so his father would not be suspicious. "Sure, I'd love to," Adrien said as Alya pointed the camera at Marinette.

"Great," She smiled. "Going live in twenty seconds."

Alya counted down from five on her fingers, and Marinette smiled wide once the people started rolling into the stream. "Hi, I'm Marinette!" She greeted. "We're trying something new today, if you can't tell. We are doing our first prepared live stream!"

"And we say prepared as we kind of forgot about it," Alya turned the camera on herself. "But being the master journalist that I am, I am always prepared for things like this," She nodded, and turned the camera back around. 

Marinette giggled at Alya. "And, we have Adrien here!" She introduced. "I know how much you guys love him."

"While we let some comments and questions roll in, I'll start off," Alya said. "Marinette, what have you been working on design-wise?"