5 - You Can't Just Be A "Casual" Fashion Fan

Words: 1046
Chapter Summary: After the last video with Adrien, Marinette was amused at how her fans reacted to the "If We Were Dating." There was one person Marinette was surprised to see enjoy the video: Chat Noir. After a busy day, Marinette has Ladybug duties to attend to.
Author's Note: I really wanted to update every Sunday, but I missed last week because of how busy I was and I didn't want to post on another day and mess up the schedule. Oops! But here's this!!

---

Alya was right, Marinette's fans loved seeing Adrien in her videos. Her comments blew up, and the video was high on the trending page, views growing by the second.

Marinette reads the comments! She knows Adrienette- and I'm sure she supports it! They would make such a cute couple.

At first, I didn't think Adrien liked Marinette that way, but after seeing this video, it's so clear they're meant to be together!!

I still think Marinette doesn't need a man, but Adrien is very attractive and quite funny.

Alya is the hero we need but don't deserve! All hail Alya!

I've never shipped two people more. I don't care if it's a platonic or romantic ship, just do more videos together! You guys have such an awesome dynamic that just plays off one another, and I love it. And Alya's interfering comments are literally me, and I love her. Third wheel Alya for the win!

Yin and yang. They're so different but so alike. Maybe it's fate they're together. I just know it's perfect.

If you guys start dating, I demand a couple vs. couple video. Adrien and Marinette v. Nino and Alya!

Marinette snickered behind the screen as she scrolled through the comments. While her crush on Adrien was still very relevant, she has learned how to deal with it. Even if Adrien himself made it very hard to hide it, she thinks she hides it well enough. And she was sure the comments were mostly jokes, as people will ship any two people they see together in an instant. Frankly, Alya was just asking for it with this video. But luckily, the video turned out well, and her fans were loving it.

But she was exhausted. With pumping out videos almost every day, school, and helping a specific cat, she just wanted to sleep for a week straight. Of course, she loved everything she does, but at times it was a little much for one girl to handle.

Alas, she still had to meet up with Chat Noir tonight. She had spent all Sunday editing videos, and she had already rainchecked on Chat Noir last night, she couldn't do it again.

Against her sleepy self, she called out her transformation words and left her house, running around to check on Paris and the cat. Honestly, she was expecting to find him messing around like normal. He's mentioned before he doesn't get out much so when he gets the chance as Chat Noir, he goes a little overboard. But recently, he's been more reserved with his messing around.

Instead of finding Chat Noir pretending to right rope walk or jumping from roof to roof, she found him sitting on the Eiffel Tower, giggling to himself.

"Chat Noir?" Ladybug said, careful not to scare him as she approached.

"Ah, my lady!" Chat Noir smiled at her. "Come sit; I'm watching a video. It's so good," He complimented.

Ladybug's eyes widened as she peered over into his baton playing the video. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, again?"

"Yes!" He replied. "This one's still pretty new; I love it."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "It's about if she were dating a guy...?"

"Yeah, it's adorable. They seem like really good friends."

Ladybug chuckled and sat down next to him. "So, are we going to watch over Pairs tonight, or watch videos?"

Chat Noir shrugged. "Honestly, I'm perfectly fine just watching videos."

Nudging his shoulder, she rolled her eyes. "I don't think watching videos is in the description of superhero or protector of Paris."

"There's a description for that? Why didn't I read it before accepting the job?" He smirked.

Groaning, Ladybug was about to give up. "I'm still surprised you find her videos interesting. I've never taken you as someone interested in fashion."

"What, I can't be a casual fashion fan?" Chat Noir asked, a joking tone in his voice.

"Casual?" Ladybug asked. "I don't believe there's a casual way to be a fashion fan. You're either all in, or not at all," She played back with his joking.

"Then I'm all in!" Chat Noir stood up. "I could model for you someday, my lady,"

Standing up, she chuckled. "I'd love to see you be a model."

Chat Noir shrugged. "I could do it. I think I'd be the best out there."

"Yeah, right," Ladybug replied. "Should we, I don't know, maybe watch over Paris?"

With a groan, Chat Noir turned off the video on his baton. "That's so much less fun, but I guess you have a point. I'll be back here in just a few minutes!"

"It's not a race, Chat!" Ladybug yelled as he ran off in his direction, Ladybug going off in the opposite direction. They've been friends for a few years now, and they may be closer, but their dynamic is still the same. They would be considered best friends, yet they still barely know anything about each other.

Ladybug's yo-yo began to ring with Chat Noir's picture showing up. "What? We just saw each other."

"Just thought you missed me," Chat Noir joked. "No, I found something kinda...weird; wanna come take a look?" He asked.

"Be right there," Ladybug said and got to Chat Noir as fast as possible. She was expecting an Akuma, something Miraculous related, or just an ordinary citizen having issues.

She was wrong. Instead, she followed Chat Noir's tracker all the way back to the Eiffel Tower. "I won," He said with a smirk, sitting on the edge, and had the video playing again.

"We are not here to mess around!" Ladybug groaned. "Look, I'm so sleep deprived right now. If you're not going to take this seriously, then I'm going home to get some sleep. I have school tomorrow."

Chat Noir nodded. "I do, too," He closed his baton again. "Sorry, Ladybug, I've had a long week. It's been good, just long, and I was treating this as a break. You go home; I'll finish your route."

Her eyes widened at his sincerity. "Are you sure? I can finish my route, but-"

"I'm sure," He stood up with a smile. "If I hadn't played games, you'd be done by now. Go home and get some rest," Chat Noir shooed her, his smile growing.

"Thanks, Chat," She grinned. "I'll see you around."