29 - Trip To The Parlor

Words: 1194
Chapter Summary: Marinette and Adrien finally go see Master Fu, nervous to ask him for help and what he could say. Are they freaking out for nothing? Will Master Fu help? Should they ask about giving their friends their Miraculous? What will Master Fu say?
Author's Note: So ik I said this story doesn't follow canon but now it REALLY doesn't. Master Fu is still here. Master Fu ships. Also, this one is posted a little later BUT IT'S HERE! I got super busy this week but I was determined to post another one. I'm super excited for next week's update too...just gotta write it.

---

Tuesday

It was a good thing Marinette and Adrien were going to meet with Master Fu today. Marinette could barely keep her eyes open, but she was scared if she shut them for more than a few seconds, someone would grab her earrings. She knew it wouldn't be anyone in her class, but it's not a secret she's in school, and they could easily come after her for the power.

"Marinette," Alya whispered. "Adrien told me about your sleep schedule. Do you want me to come over tonight so you feel safer and can get some sleep?" She asked. 

"Huh?" Marinette said, taking a moment to process what Alya just asked. "Oh, no. Adrien and I are actually going to try to find a way to protect us. So, hopefully, with the help, I'll be able to sleep," Marinette explained. 

Alya nodded. "That's good. Do you think he'll have a solution?"

"I sure hope so. Adrien's father is acting really weird around him. He wants to pull Adrien out of school," Marinette said.

"What?" Alya screamed, making the whole class look at her.

The teacher chuckled. "Something you'd like to share with the class, Alya?"

Alya shook her head quickly. "No, no. Sorry," She turned to Marinette. "What?" She said, this time in a whisper.

Marinette shrugged. "I don't know. His father mentioned it, it upset Adrien, and they haven't really talked about it. Nathalie was talking to my parents the other day, so hopefully, they said something helpful."

"I will personally fight Gabriel Agreste if he thinks pulling Adrien out of school is a good idea," Alya promised.

With a small chuckle, Marinette agreed. "Me too," She said. "We're coming up with a plan to talk to him this week."

The teacher was staring at Marinette and Alya for the consistent talking, and they both apologized quickly. Alya turned one last time to Marinette. "I'm serious: If you need me to come over so you can get some sleep, you know I'll be there in a heartbeat."

---

Right after school, Adrien and Marinette met up at the front doors. He didn't have any commitments today, and Marinette didn't have any urgent work to take care of. They were a little nervous, but they knew it needed to be done.

They decided it would be smartest if they didn't take Gorilla with them, and stopped by the bakery to grab bikes. This way, even though Gorilla doesn't talk much, they wouldn't be putting him in a situation to lie for them. 

Barely speaking as they biked to the massage parlor, Marinette was coming up with every possible outcome of this meeting. They didn't tell Master Fu they were coming to see him together, just that Marinette asked if he was available today. They kept the conversation short, so she wasn't sure what he was thinking. But she was prepared for the worst; she was ready for him to be mad. She just hoped that he wouldn't take the Miraculous away.

They left their bikes outside the parlor, and each took a deep breath before they walked in. They ensured that the door shut before going further into the room. "Master Fu?" Marinette called. "It's Marinette and Adrien," She continued.

"Ah, Ladybug and Chat Noir," Master Fu came through one of the doors. "I'm glad you two are here," He said, bringing both of them in for a hug.  "How are you doing?"

Marinette took a deep breath. "As well as we can. Still fighting and adjusting to this added attention," She explained.

Adrien agreed. "We've been working together outside of superhero-ing. It's a lot to take in," He said. "Before we get too far in this conversation, I have to ask. Are you going to take the Miraculous from us?"

Master Fu chuckled. "I could not do that to you two. Normally, that is protocol. But seeing as how you have handled it, I think keeping you guys close and open may be worth trying," He explained. "As long as you can handle it."

"We can handle it," Marinette said. The Kwami's floated in the air without speaking, listening to the conversation, even if it was a little awkward. Master Fu nodded and led them over to a table for the three of them to sit, so they were more comfortable for this conversation.

"But that's not all you want to talk about, is it?" He initiated. 

Both Marinette and Adrien shook their heads, trying internally to figure out what they would ask first. "I have to confess that I have rarely been sleeping. My anxiety has been through the roof that someone is going to come in my room in the middle of my night, and take Tikki."

"Yes, that is an issue," Master Fu observed.

"Do you have any idea how to remedy that?" Adrien asked.

Master Fu stood up and walked over to his bookcase. "Well, having someone near you is always helpful. But I may have a solution that we can add to your Miraculous, as well as Plagg and Tikki," He started, flipping through the book. "It helps protect the Miraculous more. I think I can adjust the recipe to make it where if someone besides the holder touches your Miraculous, it will alert you. It won't necessarily stop the person, but it should be enough to wake you so you can fight them off," Master Fu explained as he started pulling ingredients out of cabinets. "It may take a few hours, if you want to come back tomorrow, that's okay."

"We actually had one other thing to ask you about," Adrien interjected, and Master Fu stopped working to face the two of them again.

"Yes?"

"Well, we were talking with our friends who are also the occasional Miraculous holders..." Adrien began. "And we were thinking it may be a good idea to give them their Miraculous full-time until we defeat Hawkmoth," He explained. "Alya and Nino are super supportive, and Hawkmoth doesn't know who Rena Rouge and Carapace are, and Chloé has been getting better after she learned out identities."

Master Fu nodded as he looked between the Kwami's and the teenagers. He took a deep breath, and looked to Wayzz once again. If he agreed, he would be putting more Miraculous out in the world, full-time. He would also be giving up his best friend for a while, but maybe it was what Marinette and Adrien needed.

"Let me think about it. You guys come back tomorrow and get the cure for Tikki and Plagg, and I'll make a decision," Master Fu said, and the two smiled with a nod.

After saying goodbye, Marinette, Adrien, Tikki, and Plagg left the parlor. Adrien and Marinette slowly biked back to the bakery, slow enough that they could talk. "We need to figure out what to say to your dad about school," Marinette started.

"I have no clue what to even say to him," Adrien said. "Once he makes a decision, he sticks to it."

"Adrien, I will do whatever I have to to get him to listen. You will stay in school," Marinette said. "And that's a promise."