2.1 - A Few Months Later

WELCOME TO THE MINI-SEQUEL!!!

Words: 1183
Chapter Summary: A few months after Hawkmoth's arrest and Fu's decision to make Marinette the new guardian, the crew has a lot going on. Between school, all types of work, and trying to hide from the world the heroes are still around, what could go wrong? At least there's a little break with Marinette's newest video.
Author's Note: Hello! Welcome all to the A Recorded Life Mini-Sequel! This is going to be a 10 chapter series. The series will be split into two main parts, the first few being a few months after the end of A Recorded Life, and the second part being a few years down the line. It's gonna be fun and I hope you enjoy!

---

Marinette ran as fast as she could down the sidewalk. She ran late leaving a design class, got to the bakery with just enough time to throw her stuff in her room, then grabbed her other bag to get on her way.

She checked her phone every ten seconds to keep an eye on the time, knowing she would be late no matter what. She did consider transforming into Ladybug for the fast commute, but figured it was too busy and bright out, and the world doesn't know they're still around just yet.

Finally, Marinette rushed through the revolving doors to dodge countless people as she ran to the elevator. She pressed the button as fast as she could, as many times as she could, knowing that wouldn't make the elevator come any faster.

Once the elevator door opened, she had to move out of the way for six people to make their (slow) exit. The last person in the elevator laughed at her. "You're late," She said as she exited.

Marinette rolled her eyes. "Thanks, Chloé, I know!" Marinette said as she pushed the button to the top floor.

The elevator couldn't move fast enough up the floors. Luckily, since she was going up, she didn't get stopped on other floors. As soon as she landed on her floor and the doors opened, she ran out, and to the room, she knows too well. Without knocking, she burst in. "I'm here!" She yelled.

"Ah, there she is!" Jagged Stone's voice called from somewhere in the suite. "Called it. Thirteen minutes on the dot," He joked as he rounded the corner with a big smile.

"No need to rub it in!" Alya's voice echoed, a little annoyed.

Marinette groaned. "Were you guys making bets again?" She asked as she and Jagged walked over to the big couch where Alya was setting up the camera.

"They were," Adrien said. "Penny and I know better just to let you get here when you get here," He smirked and stood up to hug his girlfriend. "How was school?"

"Stressful," She nodded. "Lots of work to do this week, but this gives me an excuse to take my mind off it all," Marinette reminded him. "So let's not talk about that now, let's film our video!"

"I think the fans might've caught on to what we're doing," Alya laughed. "The picture with Jagged gave too much away."

Marinette shrugged as she got out her notebooks and extra filming supplies. "Oh well, gives the fans something to look forward to. They need it," She said. "Ever since school started, I've had to slow down making videos, so giving them some hints makes them happy."

The group agreed with her reasoning, and Adrien laughed. "I'm still surprised you're making videos. With your workload, I don't know how you do it," He complimented. "Imagine if we had Hawkmoth to fight, too," He chuckled.

"Good thing we took care of that before we started University," Marinette sighed with big eyes. "I'm ready whenever you guys are," She motioned to the camera.

"Ready back here," Alya said as she monitored the camera and audio.

Jagged smiled wide. "Then let's begin!"

After getting one last confirmation nod from Marinette, Alya counted down to give them their cue. "Hi! I'm Marinette!" Marinette started the video. "It's been a while since we've had a video that wasn't related to fashion and school, but here we are, back with a fan favorite series, Adrien vs. Jobs!" She announced and Alya, Adrien, Jagged, and Penny all clapped as her audience. "Today our special guest is Jagged Stone, kind of obvious since he's right here, but we're all excited!"

"Oh, it's going to be a good one today, rockers," He smiled. "Making a song with Adrien Agreste?"

"Name a better crossover!" Alya shouted from behind the camera. "Truly iconic."

After a short fit of giggles, Marinette grabbed her notebook while Jagged held the guitar. "Adrien, what do you know about music?"

Adrien looked confused and furrowed his eyebrows. "I played piano and I mostly enjoyed it," He said.

"I meant rock music," Jagged explained further.

"Oh, well, not too much. I've listened to you for years and Nino DJs but not much past that," He admitted. "Oh! And for a hot minute I played with Luka and Juleka's band, but that was short-lived."

Jagged nodded. "Right, that's okay," He said. "We'll work on lyrics together and you just tell me if what I play sounds good. Maybe we can add a keyboard backtrack," He said.

Marinette mainly sat to the side observing, but she also took notes of anything that was said that they wanted to remember. The entire session of writing their song only took a few hours, and since Marinette has a big memory card, she was able to record nearly all of it (sure, they stopped recording at times when things got boring).

It was a shorter song, not a whole three minutes, but it still took time to come up with. At first, they started with random words and lines strung together, but as they got a little ways in, it started to sound like something that could have come straight from Adrien. Once they realized that, they dedicated the song to his mom and made it like a gift to her. They tried their hardest to make it an uplifting song, not wanting anything sad, and though it was emotional, they were able to make it have the Jagged Touch of a rock song. 

It was almost like a letter to Emilie, but was just vague enough that anyone could relate to it and enjoy the song, but true fans would know the meaning. They were even able to get some keyboard to back up the guitar.

In the end, Marinette had tons of footage she could edit down (and maybe even release uncut one day) to make a special video, with the live performance of the song at the end. The fans would be so excited to see a new video with all of their favorite people in it, not just Marinette making a new outfit; even though they also enjoy that.

"So, Jagged, do you think Adrien could do this job?" Marinette asked at the end of the video.

"Parts of it. Maybe a lyricist," He smiled. "You know what? We should get into the studio and make this an official song and release it for real!" Jagged jumped up. "Not even a question, it has to happen. And we donate the sales to charity," He said.

Adrien jumped up as well. "I'm ready whenever!" He said.

Marinette smiled and shook her head at their excitement, then looked at the camera. "Well, keep an eye out for that! Check in the description for where to buy the song," She said. "And don't forget to check everyone out on social media, also linked in the description. Thank you for watching, and we will see you next time!" She ended the video, knowing everything to come from this was going to be amazing.

Immediately after, Jagged and Adrien got to work on making it an official song. And the fans ate it up.