13 - Live Stream to Address The Fans

Words: 1199
Chapter Summary: On a nice day in Paris, Marinette and her friends go out for a picnic. She discusses a video idea, and her friends are all for it. Later that night, she addresses her fans, and has a surprise visitor.
Author's Note: Kind of a set up for something fun- and I'm so excited for the next part! I think I finally figured out where I want to put the climax in the story so we are finally gonna get into some JUICY stuff soon!

---

"Hi! I'm Marinette!" Marinette introduced herself in her newest video with a big smile on her face. "Today, I have the whole gang with me. Alya, Nino, and Adrien are here!" She turned the camera around to face her friends. They were walking to the park for a picnic, finally having a time where all four of them could make work.

"Finally!" Alya sighed with a smile. "And the weather is actually decent for once, what more could we ask for?"

"Don't jinx it," Nino said, shaking his head. "Let's just enjoy everything we have going for us right now," He chuckled.

Marinette put the camera down while they found a place to set up their picnic. "So, guys, I need your opinion on something," Marinette said and pulled out her notebook from the basket. "Some video ideas. Of course, Alya and I are celebrating our friendship anniversary in a few weeks, and we're having a party, and I've got some more videos about Jagged Stone as he's going to release one of the album jackets with his new song soon," Marinette's rambled. "But..."

"But what, girl?" Alya asked. "Spit it out."

She took a deep breath. "I kind of want to do a video with Chat Noir," Marinette spit out.

Adrien started coughing when he heard her idea, and covered it up by drinking his bottle of water. "That sounds like a cool idea," He gave a thumbs up.

Marinette nodded slowly. "I mean, he told me a few weeks ago he likes my channel, so I thought it would be interesting. I just...don't know how to contact him," Marinette sighed.

"If anyone were to know how to contact him, I'd say either you or Alya. Probably even more so you," Nino chuckled. "Alya can be scary. Besides, you've helped him out before, and he seems to like you as a backup," He said. "Maybe send a tweet or something and hope he sees it."

"Maybe. I'll probably send a tweet out," Marinette shrugged.

"Or, maybe he'll just show up on your balcony like he's done a few times. I think Chat Noir has a crush on you, Marinette," Alya smirked.

Marinette shoved Alya's arm, making her burst into a fit of giggles. "Yeah, right," She rolled her eyes and pulled her camera back out to continue making a vlog with her best friends. Adrien sat quietly as he heard them talk about Chat Noir, and finally snapped back into reality when Marinette went into video mode.

---

It was a beautiful night in Paris. Marinette was sat in the chair on her balcony, headphones on, and editing a video. The sun was almost done setting, so there was still some light.

She was upset. The akuma that attacked her for being friends with Adrien was getting a lot of hate online. And most of the hate came from fans who aren't from Paris and don't understand all the Hawkmoth and akuma nonsense that goes on. The people can't control what happens, Hawkmoth takes over, feeding on negative emotions. Going back and forth between editing a video and looking at social media, Marinette decided to pause editing and go live on Instagram to address the issue.

"Hey guys, I'm Marinette," She smiled, but it faded quickly. "We've got to discuss something. The person that attacked me for being friends with Adrien was not a person. She was an Akuma, and people from Paris are very familiar with it. Many people in Paris have been akumatized before, and they have very little control over it. Hawkmoth is a hidden villain in Paris who feeds on negative emotions, and because of the negative emotion, his deals are tough to resist. He gets in your head and makes you believe everyone else is wrong, and what he's doing is right," Marinette explained, entirely seriously.

"Do not hate on the girl who was akumatized and came after me. I'm safe, Chat Noir and Ladybug saved the day and restored Paris from all the damage caused. We may never truly know what struck her to have such negative emotions, but he fires them up past one-hundred when he gets to you. She had no control over what she was saying or doing, and had no idea what happened when the Akuma was released. She wrote a personal letter to my family and me the following day and delivered it to my parents at the bakery to show how sorry she was," Marinette said. "She wasn't trying to hurt me; she said she's a huge fan. I talked with her, and we sorted it out, and it comes down to just Hawkmoth catching her at the right time on a bad day," Marinette continued. She was very passionate about this, as she knows the ins and outs of how Hawkmoth and akumas work.

"You guys know we stay positive on my channel and social media. If I see anyone else say anything bad to or about the girl, you will be blocked. If there's anyone who needs a talking to, it's Hawkmoth," Marinette said. "I hope I made myself clear, and I expect no more comments like those hateful ones I've been seeing to be around my name again," Marinette finished, and shut off the stream.

She set her phone down in her lap and leaned back in the chair, hands over her eyes, followed by a big sigh.

"Even when you're assertive it doesn't come off as mean," The familiar voice of Chat Noir sat in front of her, sitting on the railing. "That's a good thing!" He said. "I respect it."

Marinette shrugged. "I'm tired of seeing people say so many hateful things to that girl. Sure, she was upset, but Hawkmoth just makes the emotions so much worse, and she had no control of it," Marinette said, "People don't understand how it all works, especially outside of Paris."

Chat Noir nodded. "Yeah, I heard she was really apologetic and upset that she let Hawkmoth take hold of her."

"She was nice. I felt bad for her," Marinette finished and took a deep breath. "Is that why you stopped by?"

"Only half the reason," Chat Noir said. "I heard you've been looking for me. What, did you miss me?" Chat Noir rested his chin on his hand, that was sitting on his knee, still sat on the railing of her balcony.

That was right. She, as Ladybug, did drop a hint that Marinette wanted to speak with him. Said she heard from the Ladyblog, which was not a lie. Alya did make a post in case Chat Noir saw it. "Right," Marinette nodded. "Would you like to make a video with me?"

Chat's smile grew wide. "You're serious?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think it would be really cool. People know I'm a fan of Chat Noir, and they know we've had some chance encounters, I think it would be awesome. It doesn't have to be super long or take too much of your time, and obviously, it wouldn't be anything personal, but just something fun," Marinette rambled. "Only if you want to, though."

Chat Noir smirked. "What's your idea for the video?"