18 - MTV Cribs with Adrien

Words: 1865
Chapter Summary: Marinette calls Adrien for advice. At school, it's time for a project and Marinette and Adrien are lucky enough to be paired together. Though the project is easy, the time spent in the Agreste Household was not.
Author's Note: i love the end of this chapter its so much fun. have some fluff before the angst-y-ish climax :)))

---

Marinette knew she woke Adrien up, and she felt incredibly guilty. No matter how many times she insisted that she let him get back to sleep, he wouldn't listen to her and wanted to talk. "I'm fine, Marinette. You didn't even wake me up. What's wrong?" He asked.

"Really, Adrien, if you were asleep, I won't bother you. We can talk tomorrow," She tried once more.

"What's wrong?" Adrien asked, sitting at his computer.

She sighed, finally giving in. "Just the comments on the new video. People are bombarding me, saying I know his identity or that we're dating. People are even fighting about who I'm dating: you or Chat Noir," Marinette told him. She was still scrolling through the comments, reading the never-ending sloo of questions and demands. Tikki was sitting beside her, reading along, and trying to comfort.

"Do you know Chat Noir's identity?" Adrien asked.

"No!" She groaned. "Why would I know that? He's just a friend," She calmed down and took a deep breath.

Adrien chuckled. "Just checking. And unless I'm a terrible friend, I don't think you're dating Chat Noir or me, right?"

"Right..." She said, confused about where he was going with this.

Pulling up Twitter on his computer, she could hear Adrien beginning to type. "So then this should be easy. Make a post on Twitter and your Instagram story. Simply say you and Chat Noir are only friends and you don't know his identity, and that you and I are not dating. I'll even tweet something about us only being friends, okay?" Adrien said. "Simple as that, yeah?"

"Hopefully," Marinette responded quietly, also pulling up Twitter on her computer. "My fans are a little crazy about all this shipping stuff."

Adrien shook his head with a little laugh. "Very true. But maybe it will calm most of them down with this kind of stuff," He reasoned.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng @MarinetteDC
I am not dating Adrien Agreste. I am not dating Chat Noir. I do not know Chat Noir's identity.

As Marinette pressed tweet, she let go of a breath she didn't realize she was holding. "Thanks, Adrien. I don't know what I would do if you didn't pick up."

"You know I'm always here! Gotta help my best friend in her time of need," He said, and Marinette could hear the smile in his voice.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow. Thanks, again," Marinette told him, and by the second, she could feel her eyes getting heavier. "Get some sleep, too!"

"I'll try," He said. "Goodnight, Mari. Glad I could help." And with that, they ended the call, and Adrien went back to finish watching her newest video.

Plagg popped up from behind her. "You sure you don't have a crush on her?"

Adrien paused the video again. "Plagg, I don't. And even if I did, you heard her. We're just friends!"

"I happen to remember you calling her your best friend. She only said you guys weren't dating," Plagg tormented.

Rolling his eyes, Adrien held up a piece of camembert to shut him up.

---

Adrien walked into the classroom to see Marinette burying her head in her hands as Alya had a sinister smile on her face. "Come on, girl. I saw the comments; I can't not ask these questions."