chapter 11°

"They say that we got issues,
but girl, that's why I'm with you"

They had stayed there until the sun rised in the comfortable silence enjoying each others company

"Should we head out" his voice spoke after what felt like eternity. "Yeah we should before everyone wakes up" she agreed standing up from the bean bag that he had once brought up to the roof top. They left the run down building into the suburbs, music becoming a regular thing in their car rides.

Arriving to the mansion that was deep in the acres of trees. Heading inside they saw no one, lights still off signaling that everyone was in their respective rooms.

Going up the stairs trying not to wake up the members they entered her room. "Go through the bathroom" she told him. He nodded seeing her to her bed ready to fall asleep again. Haechan walked through the bathroom doors to his room. He sat himself in his desk full of paperwork that had to be done. He stayed up for the remaining of the morning the stack of paper slowly decreasing by the minute.

A knock interrupted his working mind. "Breakfast is ready" mark said peaking his head through the door being the one who's room was next to him. "Tell jeongha" "mhhm" haechan hummed nodding his head he stood up.

He went into the restroom splashing water into his face looking at himself he noticed the dark circles under his eyes, caused by the sleepless nights. He walked over to the other side of the room knocking on the door hearing nothing from the other end he opened the door. The sight of the girl wrapped in the dark covers making his insides turn feeling something he hadn't felt in years.

He ignored it, going up to her deciding to wake her up. "Jeongha" he said as he slightly shaked her shoulders. "Wake up, breakfast is ready" the girl hummed her sleepy eyes opening slightly. She woke up her sitting herself down she passed her hands through her hair. "I'll go down in a minute" her raspy morning voice said. "Ok" haechan said still stunned by how she looked after just waking up.

How can someone look so stunning after waking up. He thought.

He exited her room, as she proceeded to brush her teeth grabbing the first piece of clothing she saw not noticing it was his hoodie. She hugged herself in it feeling comfortable. Jeongha walked down the stairs into the loud kitchen seeing 23 men sitting in the long dining table. The younger members eyed her smirking, giving haechan a look.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" she said weirded out by the way they were acting. "Nothing, it's just that haechan's most priced possession are his hoodies so it's weird seeing anyone but him wearing them" chenle said still having a grin on his face. Haechan only rolled his eyes only wanting to eat, not having the energy to fight back.

She sat herself down next to him being the only space available. She started eating the pancakes that were in front of her.

...

She was inside the big walls surrounding her no one that she could talk to due to the dreamies having a mission. Jeongha decided to catch up on college work one that she still found hard to work with since she was never used to working online. She walked up to her desk opening her laptop turning in missing assignments hoping that she could soon go back to public college.

After what seemed like an eternity she was done turning in assignments closing her laptop she let out a sigh.

The same boy that nearly every day and night knocked on her door, once again repeated the action after coming back from his mission. "Hey, taeyong want us in the meeting room" haechan informed her. She was confused, never taking part in the gang's meetings since she was just living with them for protection. Standing up she left the room with him deciding not to question it much knowing it would be explained to her.

Entering the meeting room they sit down next to the nct dream members. "Okay now that everyone is here, let's begin the new mission" taeyong spoke after seeing that all of the dream members and jeongha had arrived. "This mission is going to take about a month of planning before we attack" the members paying attention to their main leader. She sat in the last seat farthest from taeyong, confused as to why she was hearing from this mission.

"Jeongha I know you may be confused but, this is where you come in, you guys are going back to college" taeyong announces, grones being heard from the not so pleased boys who detested college. Jisung and chenle going to college for the first time and the '00 who stopped going after their first year. Mark who quit after his second and jeongha who had to take online classes due to obvious reasons. She was actually happy of the news she heard finally being able to leave the mansion who someone would think they wouldn't get bored in but in all honesty she had gone through almost all room finding nothing but gang related shit in it, making her extremely bored out of her mind.

"Jeongha I decided that you can go back to your school even if you won't participate in the mission it's best if you go with them and not stay home alone...unprotected. One of the members will always be with you making sure you are safe we don't want to risk a citizens life." Taeyong further explained to her. "Okay" she says signaling she understands what they explained to her.
"You can go now, you start next week" taeyong motioned her to the door, her leaving the members behind heading back to her room with a smile on her face.

The other members proceeding with the planning. "New targets- stray kids known for harming citizens breaking several rules of the underworld. It is said that five members attend neo college. Your first task is to find out their schedules, what they do on a daily basis, analyze their behaviour, make sure to not make yourself seem like a mafia since you guys are a secret to all other mafias we don't want your images all over the dark web" taeyong instructed making sure they all understood to keeping their identities secret. "Your uniform has been designed to be able to hold small but harmful weapons, a knive will always be with you. No guns. Dont get in too much trouble" taeyong lastly said finishing his statement. "Go rest you guys don't have missions anytime soon just focus on this one. Renjun make sure to send files of the staykids members to the rest of the team." Nodding his head they all left to their own rooms, looking into the members of stray kids.

A/N: Y'all so I'm thinking this book might be short like 30 chapters probably but I'm starting to build tension between them because why not 🤪🤭 y'all will see more of that when they start college

Also I changed the headers and cover of the book. Do y'all like it? 🧐