Ending chapter- 31- Promises

"We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes"

"We are still kids, but we're so in loveFighting against all oddsI know we'll be alright this timeDarling, just hold my handBe my girl, I'll be your manI see my future in your eyes"

2 years later

"jeongha, we're playing Mario kart wanna join?" mark asked the small girl who laid in bed.

"no thanks" she said. No one could get her to get out of the room unless it was for gang related meetings or missions. The smile that once reached her eyes, it was long gone.

Many of them by now lived with it, he wasn't coming back. Having their best memories with haechan they focused on the happy moments. But she couldn't let go the rage she had in his so called father. She was experiencing the pain he once felt with aera. It was getting out of hand, even if she could physically stand up and get herself together it was a different story for her mental health. She was barely holding on.

.

It was a sunday morning, the living room tv was on while some members cooked and others sat in the comforts of their couch, chatting.

"A wanted criminal and mafia leader, Lee Do-han was found dead inside his company, the body seemed to have a blow to the head several wounds in his arms and stomach. A yellow rose was placed next to the body. It seemed to be an anonymous hit, no surveillance footage or prints found." A reporter spoke on the news. The members had gathered around the room. "He's dead" mark said a breath of relieve leaving his airway. "I need to tell jeongha" he left the room.

Knocking on her door a faint 'come in' was heard. "jeongha, he's dead. Lee Do-han is dead" "what are you talking about, no one ever found him." jeongha furrowed her eyebrows. "they found his body inside his company, it was anonymous there's no clue of who it was." he explained. "he's dead?" she muttered under her breath realizing she could finally take the worry off of her mind, he wasn't coming back to harm anyone else. Standing up she took one of haechan's old hoodies. Putting on her shoes. "where are you going?" mark asked. "to the grave" leaving the room she went down the stairs ignoring the calls from the members.

She sat down in front of his grave stone.

"I haven't been here in a while" jeongha spoke up softly to the air. "this is a little pathetic you're body is nowhere under this tomb." she chuckled as she pulled pieces of grass. "you're father is dead, we're free from his games."

"If you're hearing me from somewhere in this world, I'm still waiting for you to keep your promise. You said you would marry me" she softly whispered. A tear rolling down her eye. "you promised. I miss you more everyday it hurts, I'm trying not to give up for you but I cant anymore"

"love"

she heard his voice, it felt so close to her, so real.

"love" she heard it again turning around she saw him. It was him. Donghyuck. His hair had changed color. A faded pink. "you're supposed to be dead" she said her hands hitting his chest as she broke down in his arms. She felt his comforting body against hers. His hands around her waist. It still seemed to create butterflies in her stomach.