Chapter 1

They made you of magic ✧.*✧˚ · 

Starting from the beginning can be hard to recall, though for Mrs Potter the first of September was always a date embedded in her head, especially when both her kids were going off to Hogwarts together for the first time. Her thoughts were drowning her all in one that she didn't even notice or hear the bickering between James and Victoria Potter.

"James, get out!" Victoria's voice echoed outside the bathroom door, frustration evident in every tap of her foot. "I left my toothbrush in there!"

On the other side of the wooden door stood a hyper boy, combing each piece of hair in a specific way. This year was going to be his year, he assured himself. This was going to be the year he'd finally asked Lily to go out with him. Who cares if he's just twelve?

"Well then, maybe you'll learn not to leave your stuff in a public area," he continued to ignore her shouts, not caring how loud or aggressive they were getting to be.

***

Just like James, Sirius Black was incredibly excited for another year at Hogwarts - especially now that he'd be sharing in the joy with his two younger siblings. Both of them being there with him meant a happier environment to spend time together. As for Regulus, he was terrified, frightened even. That does not mean he wasn't ready to leave. His face was pale from emotions being mushed altogether; though leaving him alone with his thoughts never felt like a safe idea.

"You ready?" Emerson peaked her head into her twin brother's room. She caught him sitting beside his trunk; even though he was upset, his posture did not falter one bit. Something about Emerson stood jealous of.

***

Both families made it to the station. The Potters carried laughter filled with an intense amount of joy, while the Black family held themselves high and tall. Though Sirius would never give in to that.

Before leaving for the train, Euphemia pulled both her kids into her arms, giving them a short sweet kiss on the tip of their heads. Fleamont brushed off the tears threatening to water down his face.

"Are you crying?" Victoria questioned, scrunching her eyebrows together.

Fleamont brushed her off with his hand, signaling he was okay. "No, the weather just isn't in my favour."

Once James potted Sirius making his way towards the train, a thrill of joy overtook his sense and he was eager to leave. "May we go now?"

"Before leaving, we'd like to remind you to not put water balloons under your teachers' seats, and show your sister around." Euphemia caressed his face, smiling down at them both.

James nodded, smirking to himself proudly. That one Fleamont had taught him. Just like he taught him everything he knows about Quidditch.

With one last hug from each parent, they were off. James held onto his sister's left elbow to ensure she wouldn't get lost. They waved goodbye to both their parents before entering the train. He took Victoria over to the compartment he'd share with Sirius and two of his other close friends.

Her eyes took in each detail spread on the train. All the layouts seemed so perfect throughout. She would've wandered around a little more if she didn't have James practically sprinting over to his compartment.
Once he reached it he greeted two boys already inside, "V this is Remus," he motioned to the young brunette boy who gave her a tight smile joined with a light nod, "and this is Peter," he then motioned over to the blonde sitting right beside Remus. He waved at her before staring down at the seat in front of him.