Chapter 32

The happiest I've ever been

"I can't believe you did that!" Emerson threw her head back in laughter.

"I was six, and I had bladder problems okay," Marco rolled his eyes in annoyance. His grandma had told them the story of when he peed his pants, not just once though, many times.

They were all currently sitting in a dark room with a small light, it was the room the girls would be sleeping in. Marco decided to present them to a game of Uno, it took a long time for them to fully comprehend the game but after an hour or so they got it.

"No I have bladder problems because I'm on my period, but you? Why did you drink so many liquids if you had bladder problems!" Emerson's laughter grew louder the more she spoke.

Regulus looked through the tossed magazines that were beside the comic books Emerson had as well. Victoria sat beside Marco and Emerson sitting with her knees to her chest. Emerson and Marco sat across from each other leaving a spot for Regulus.

While Emerson laughed and laughed Marco decided to place the cards down and split them amongst themselves.

"Regulus?" Victoria called immediately receiving his attention, "Will you be joining us?"

He wanted to deny the request but decided to play along, while there was a spot available between Emerson and Marco, he would much rather not risk sitting between destruction and chaos. So he took the small spot beside Victoria and Marco.

As Emerson's laughter came to an end she sat herself up leaning to take a better look at the cards, "So who's first?"

"Me," Marco said dryly pulling out a red card of 8. He turned his attention to Emerson who'd be going next.

"What?" Emerson asked in confusion, "It's not moving?" She questioned at the still card.

"That's because you need to use your hand to take out a card," Marco sighed.

"But why? Instead of it floating its way down to the pile? That sounds ridiculous," Emerson crossed her arms not revealing the cards in her left hand.

"We are in a muggle place, therefore we are going to focus on Muggle activities, deal?" Marco spoke crossing his legs to give everyone more room. Emerson was about to respond but Marco interrupted, "Great thanks."

***

"I want a rematch," Emerson grumpily crossed her arms not moving from the floor she sat on.

Regulus had given up trying to lift Emerson up from the floor so he simply rolled his eyes as he flipped through another page from a Spider-Man comic he found tossed. He sat on the broken bed mattress that was laid on the floor for them to sleep on.

Victoria helped clean up the Uno cards that were tossed around the floor, she did have trouble trying to take the ones Emerson had in her hands.

"You lost live with it," Marco spoke as he looked in the cupboards for something else to do, "and we played ten games, take the loss."

"I know you aren't talking to me," Emerson stood up to reach his eye level but he is much taller than her. Even on her tiptoes, she couldn't reach him.