Chapter 37

New Beginnings

New Years, the Potters always hosted a grand celebration for this. Each year better than the last. Now this time with another part of the family, Sirius. As excited as Victoria was she worried if Emerson and Regulus would feel uncomfortable with the presence of Sirius. That's why she asked James a favor.

She walked into the hallway where James and her bedroom where located at, she looked a bit into the creaked door to ensure Sirius wasn't around. She peaked her head in, knocking slightly.

"Hey Jamesie," she sauntered into his room, "could I ask a favor?"

James was brushing his hair when she walked in, either way he didn't stop, "Depends what it is?"

"Could you keep Sirius away?"

He could've sworn it was a joke, he laughed turning around to face his sister with a grin, which then turned into a look of disgust, "Ew he's not hitting on you again right?"

Victoria sat on the bed making the same face of disgust, "No, absolutely not. You do remember I'm dating Luke?"

He crossed his arms rolling his eyes at the name, it seemed to become a trend every time Victoria mentioned the name, "I would wish to forget."

After a moment of silence between the two James spoke again, "What is it I should keep Sirius away from?"

"I invited my friend for the party, mum said I could," she began to fidget with her fingers as she continued knowing the topic of Sirius family was something that always went unmentioned, "which includes Emi, Marco, and now Reg."

James took a seat aside her sighing as he did, "You know how he feels about, uhm them."

"Which is why I'm asking for you to keep him away from them, please."

He ran his hand through his hair once, looked over at his sister pushing her hair behind her ear, "Anything for my baby sister," he kissed her head hugging her tightly.

It was a sweet moment, anyone would agree, especially Sirius as he stood outside the door with a towel in hand to dry his wet hair.

A few hours later and the party began, people flooded the room with their fancy gowns. Remus and Peter also joined this party, while it didn't seem much of a joy to Remus each time Sirius flirted with a girl.

Victoria and James stood outside the doors awaiting to enter together as their parents always loved to exploit their children to everyone.

"They coming?" James whispered to his sister.

"I'm not sure," she replied back, "Marco said maybe, Emerson hasn't replied back."

He smiled at her with reinsurance. Their parents came out of the door telling them to get ready to enter together.

"Ready?" Euphemia kissed them both on the head, "Off you go."

***

"Is it here?" Celeste was gripped onto Marco afraid she might fall with the small heels she put on.

"Yup," Marco stood up tall knocking on the door waiting for someone to open it.

Victoria peaked her head outside, after the entrance she had been waiting at the door for them arrive. She jumped with joy opening the door for them.