Chapter 43

(Quick note: So sorry for not updating since forever, I've decided finally how I want the story to go after awhile of thinking. Please enjoy the rest of the story!)

To be a star you've got learn to burn. 

It was just another Monday. Hair was much more tangled than usual though. Her eyes were pretty dry too, they matched well with the bags her eyes carried. I guess it's fair to say she didn't sleep too well. 

Victoria forced herself out of bed, good for her she had no classes today. She did have plans with Marco to have a study session. Not just that, she had been through with the animagus transformation. At first she wasn't too sure how to feel about it since Marco had made it clear he wasn't keen on the idea. Still the assumption of Marco hiding something, like possibly being a werewolf.  Maybe she'd just slip it into the conversation and get an okay answer? 

"Ugh," Victoria catching a look of herself in the mirror.

***

Finishing off yet another puzzle he had been gifted from his grandmother, Marco put together the final piece to reveal a picture of a fox. He left it on the desk in his dorm and made his way down to the common room to wait for Victoria. Marco carried his books with one hand by his side and counted the number of steps on the stairs as he walked down. 

It didn't take that long for Victoria to come down. She carried the same books and some extra notes with her as well. 

"There you are," Marco said, getting up from the sofa. 

"Here I am." 

"Are those butterflies in your hair?" Marco pointed at the blue and grey butterfly clips in Victoria's hair.

"Yeah, James got me these for my birthday last year." Her hair was pulled back with butterfly clips all around it. 

For a moment it was silent, and it was a pretty awkward silence. There was an elephant in the room, but neither of them wanted to bring it up. 

"We should go huh," Marco turned towards the door and they both left. 

***

After breakfast, they went straight to the library. Considering the fact that the end of the year was coming up they decided to study up for their O.W.L.S. They were going to have study sessions throughout the week with Emerson, but for some reason they were celebrating their birthday early and at home. 

They had been studying for awhile, yet it felt like forever for Victoria. She still wanted to confess what she had done. Still she wasn't sure if she should ask about the werewolf assumption. 

"Hey Mar," Marco didn't look up but made a sound to indicate he was listening, "can I tell you something?" 

"Is it about what you told me the other day?" he asked still not looking up. 

"No," she sighed quietly, what she said the other day made her rethink everything. She still wasn't sure what to make of it, "but I do hope this doesn't make you upset." 

Marco finished annotating a portion of his textbook when he looked giving her his full attention. "As long as it has nothing to do with me helping you with learn to play Quidditch, tell me."

Her arms were crossed resting on the table in front of her. Her shoulders were tensed up and after a second she eased them up. "Look, I know you've expressed that you think becoming an animagus is a stupid idea," Marco began to tense up just from hearing the word. His whole demeanor slowly began to change. "so surprise." 

What she said sounded exciting, the way it was received wasn't. 

"You're saying you became an animagus," Marco wasn't exactly asking, he was making a statement and he didn't seem happy about it either.