Chapter 8

"Does she look dead to you?"

"No, she's definitely alive, just passed out maybe?"

"Sure, but she's a Ravenclaw, isn't she?"

"Yes, Sirius Black's sister, I believe."

Two voices stirred Emerson from her slumber. She had fallen asleep in the Gryffindor common room. Victoria and Marco were nowhere to be seen, along with James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter. Emerson's eyes snapped open, revealing the familiar faces of Lily Evans and Marlene McKinnon. Emerson quickly rose to her feet, bumping into the sofa and then falling onto it.

"Oh, we didn't mean to startle you," Lily offered her hand to help Emerson back up. Emerson slowly took her hand and rose to her feet. "If you didn't know, I'm Lily Evans, and this is-"

"Marlene McKinnon, hello!"

Emerson felt as if she were dreaming. Right now, the only thing she could think of was how beautiful Marlene really was up close.

"Uhm, hi..." Emerson couldn't figure out what to say. First, she was trying to figure out why she was left here alone with only a few minutes left of breakfast.

"Emerson Black, you surely are prettier than your brother. Take that as a compliment, by the way," Marlene grabbed onto Emerson's elbow as she led her out of the common room. "Why were you here? Not that I'm complaining about your presence, just asking."

"Oh, uhm, Sirius and a few of my other friends brought me here..." Emerson could barely speak, which was rare. She always had something to say, whether stupid or smart, it was always something.

Lily was about to ask Emerson another question to make conversation when someone came running towards Emerson with full force.

"Emerson Mercy Black! What are you- oooh...I see..." Victoria attacked Emerson in a hug, causing Marlene to lose her grip on Emerson. Victoria noticed their close proximity and smirked at Emerson, who tried her hardest not to turn red. Marco, on the other hand, calmly walked up to them, silently laughing to himself as well.

"You're Potter's sister, aren't you?" Lily asked, looking around to ensure James wasn't anywhere near.

Victoria released Emerson from her hug so she could turn to Lily. "Sadly, yes. My name's Victoria."

"Oh yeah, I told you, Lily! The girl versions are much better looking," Marlene motioned to Emerson and Victoria. "James and Sirius could never."

"Mercy is your middle name?" Marco asked, just realizing what Victoria had said earlier.

"We should get going. We'll see you guys later?" Lily was thankful Victoria and Emerson weren't like their brothers, but she couldn't ever be too sure.

"Of course. By the way, this is Marco," Victoria pointed at Marco, who was still trying to comprehend how Emerson's middle name was Mercy.

"Her name is Mercy?" Marco mumbled to himself as Lily and Marlene waved goodbye, heading towards the Great Hall.

"Let's get going," Victoria held onto both their arms, yanking them towards the Great Hall.

***

"You all left me alone! How could you!" With only a few minutes left of breakfast, Emerson decided to lecture both her friends. She still wasn't over the fact that they left her alone in the Gryffindor common room.

"We didn't leave you alone, there was Marlene," Victoria wiggled her eyebrows at Emerson, who was already turning red at the mere thought of Marlene.

"Plus, that was our revenge against you for everything you did to us," Marco smiled at Emerson, who was already irritated enough by them.