Chapter 36

Times Passes

"Ready?" Emerson asked practically jumping out of her seat. It was time when Christmas arrived, overjoying them all. Especially since this would be Emerson's, Regulus's and Marcos's Christmas with more than just one person.

"Yes! Where is your Nana?" Victoria asked giving everyone a cup of tea she had made earlier. "Is she still asleep?"

"I doubt it," Marco shrugged assuming she'd be in her room getting any last-minute touches.

After a few minutes of waiting, Celeste came downstairs with a stack of letters she made for each one of them.

"Everyone has their gifts?" Celeste sat on her armchair with the letters firmly in her hands. She had always wanted a grand Christmas, instead of having cold seats of people missing.

Marco nodded, while Emerson jumped out of her seat handing Celeste a large box that had wrinkles all over it from the poor wrapping. "I got this one for you, well it's from me and Reggie."

The smile that spread on Celeste's face was like a ray of sun, pure joy. "Here dear, for you and Regulus."

She began to hand each of them a separate letter telling them to open it on their own time. After, they all agreed to let Emerson exchange her presents first.

"For you," Emerson said for the final time, she couldn't wait to see their reactions.

Victoria tore hers open, and then Marco, and Regulus took his time while Celeste smiled at them all before opening hers. She took hidden pictures of them so they wouldn't notice. She also tried recording them without them spotting her.

Victoria took out a journal book with tons of jewellery inside of the box, as well as a book she's never read. Marco opened his revealing a book he's never heard of. "I got you each books I thought suits your personalities."

Regulus laughed when he opened his, it was a well-decorated shit saying, "lucky to have her as a sister" with a picture of Emerson on it. It also had a book that was fully annotated by Emerson. (Regulus loves annotated books).

Celeste began to open hers, she received a set of plants with pictures of roses. "I wasn't sure if you liked roses, but since I went outside and saw only roses I figured you'd like it. If you don't like it I could always exchange it for a picture of a different flower if-"

Celeste stopped her from talking any further, "Dear it's lovely, thank you."

The rest of the gift exchange went smoothly, all genuine laughter with pure smiles. Marco did end up getting a whole comic collection of Spider-Man for Emerson, which she took with great appreciation.
Once they finished, the clean up was all that was left. Even cleaning they were all laughing together, for the first time Regulus allowed them to see his joyful side.

"I think if I was a fruit I'd be a watermelon," Emerson commented, brooming all the scraps of paper from the wrapping.

Marco looked up from across the small living room, "Why?" He asked hesitantly.

"Because you have to cut me open to get the sweet stuff," she smirked looking down, laughing at the sighs from everyone.

"You need to fuck off," Marco shook his head grabbing the trash bag to take outside.