Chapter 35

Hopeless lover(s)

"Just because we showed doesn't mean we like yo-," Emerson pointed her finger at Luke McLaggen who sat beside Victoria on the bench beside the small coffee shop they visited in the Muggle world.
Victoria shushed her before she could continue.

"She likes me a whole lot right?" Luke whispered over to Victoria making her laugh, it was no secret nor did Emerson try to make it a secret how much she disliked Luke.

That is why she sat beside Victoria on the bench with Marco beside her standing, Regulus stood away leaning on the wall, watching Luke closely.

"Do you see her?!" Emerson asked impatiently as she turned one way then the other in hopes to find Marlene.

"No," Marco responded getting annoyed by the repeated question, "do you see him?!"

"Are they coming?" The repeated question came after another for a good five minutes or so which began to grow quite aggravating.
Victoria shrieked standing up from the bench they were seated under, "This is the millionth time, maybe we should head inside."

Regulus leaned on the building, he was about to open the door when he caught a glimpse of two people heading in their direction. "Look," he spoke softly barely able to gain their attention.

Emerson's smile was lifted immediately at the sight of the blonde heading her way, Marco's smile was there too but a blush crept onto his face brighter than the sun.

Marlene took notice of their stares and waved in their direction, Remus gave a shy wave smiling at them.

"Hey losers," Marlene said walking closer to them, "look who I found on the way here."

Remus has many scars on his face, one thing Marco loved most about him because they matched his scars, the ones he hides using Emerson's makeup. She doesn't know that though.

Emerson practically leapt out of the bench she was seated on, "Oh thank fuck you came, I couldn't stand to be around his presence," she turned to look over at Luke making sure to glare a look of disgust his way.

"His name is Luke," Victoria said walking beside her, "and he's right there."

-

"No way, James did that?!" Remus asked shocked by the news he just discovered of his dear friend.

"Yes! You won't believe all the times he sent Lily photos of him as a baby just for her to call him cute, which she never did might I add," Victoria laughed as she told small details to her friends about her brother. They all sat in a small corner side by side, Emerson as far away from Luke as she could be.

"Lily told me about that," Marlene added taking a spit of her drink, Marco ordered them all Pepsi as a drink knowing none of them has tried it, "whoa."

"What?" Emerson turned over to her side to see what happened to Marlene.

"What is this?" Marlene asked not taking her eyes off her drink, puzzled by the new taste.

"Pepsi, like it?" Marco motioned for them all to try it since none of them had touched their drinks besides Marlene and himself.