Chapter 26

Nobody likes getting too attached

"She sits right beside me!" Emerson shook Victoria by her shoulders as they both walked to a spot under their favourite tree right beside the lake. "And she spoke to me! As in a full conversation!"

Emerson had gotten switched to sit beside Marlene in her Astronomy class. She continued to tell the same story over and over to Victoria, forgetting she had told her previously.

"Yes Emi, you've told me that, for the hundredth time," Victoria responded sitting right beside the tree resting her back onto it. Emerson sat down right beside her daydreaming about Marlene, whom she now sits with.

Marco spent most of his time in the library, trying to find a way to get the beast inside of him out. But today he decided to pay a visit to his friends. He spotted them under the same tree they had their "friend ritual" at.

Emerson shook herself back to reality seeing from afar a familiar figure, it reminded her of what she wanted to talk about with Victoria.

"Do you remember that night?" She nudged Victoria lightly keeping her voice down.

Victoria looked up from the new novel she had decided to pick up. "Yes, I'd prefer not to though."

"Were there two?" Emerson asked abruptly sitting up.

"Emi, it's in the past, best to forget it," Victoria replied bitterly. Memories flood back every time she thinks about that night.

Marco stepped closer to them, finally without a book because he was willing to spend the quality time he missed with his closest friends.

"I can't forget," Emerson sighed miserably, "I can't forget it."

"Forget what?"

Marco asked without a second thought, he sat in front of them both, crossing his legs as well as resting his hands beside him.

Victoria set her book aside seeing as Marco finally stepped out of the castle. Emerson looked at him for a split second before sitting herself right across from him.

"What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" Emerson narrowed her eyes at him.

"Bloody fuck does she know?" Marco thought. He began to fiddle with the grass trying his best not to look at Emerson in the eyes.

Seeing the sudden burst of anxiety running through Marco, Victoria decided to pull back Emerson in order to calm him down. Emerson wasn't too happy about that.

"What she means is, it's nice to see you outside the castle walls," Victoria looked up at him giving him a rather bright smile which seemed to do the trick.

"Thanks."

Emerson stood up from her spot glancing down at Marco. "Well spit it out, we don't have forever." She narrowed her eyes suspiciously at him.

Both Marco and Victoria had no idea what she was referring to. "Erm- might I ask what it is I need to spit out?" Marco asked fixing his new glasses.

Emerson sat back down this time on her knees getting too close to Marco for his liking. "You've got glasses?! And you never told us!?"